E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

A/C light blinks and then goes out, just recharged?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E550
A/C light blinks and then goes out, just recharged?

Well this is my first Mercedes and my first post on this forum after searching relentlessly for the solution to my air conditioning not working. I bought this 2010 E550 a few months ago and although it has warranty I only have my last year left which only covers drive train apparently...

Anyway I had the car vacuumed(it held) and recharged today but the light still just comes on briefly for 10 to 15 seconds when car is hot and sat for a while but then just blinks 3 times and goes out. The guy that did the recharge from the high side port tried to scan the car but couldn't get into the ac to see any faults. He could read body control modules but not AC.

I did read somewhere that it needs to be reset by a scan tool for it to start running again but can't confirm, my nearest dealer is over 2 hours away and they said it could be a simple reset but wouldn't tell me how they would do it.

I'd really appreciate any insight that anyone can provide, there is an indy german shop about 30 min away that might have the proper software to diagnose.... Thanks guys! ps I have already found tons of useful info on here! Mercedes is definitely a breed of it's own!
Old 05-26-2015, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
E 350
I didn't understand you problem fully. Is you A/C not working or just the light on the A/C switch not working?
Having an indy german shop nearby is very handy to have. I hope you'll get some good opinions on this forum before you go there.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E550
Originally Posted by pamiboy
I didn't understand you problem fully. Is you A/C not working or just the light on the A/C switch not working?
Having an indy german shop nearby is very handy to have. I hope you'll get some good opinions on this forum before you go there.
Yes sorry the AC will not work, called the nearest dealer today and they said it needs to be taken in and scanned to see what the fault is and maybe just reset but this guy was not even 100% sure. I have an appointment at the close by Indy shop on Friday and hoping they can actually scan the car so I don't have to drive 2.5 hr to dealer. Will update afterwards