OE Tuning E550 4matic review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E550 4Matic
Smile OE Tuning E550 4matic review

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this site so forgive me if I say something that's out of place or whatever.

This thread is to say how pleased I am with the tune that OE tuning gave me for my car.

I drive the NA 5.5L V8 E550 and, although I haven't dyno tested it, I can tell you the car is significantly faster. There's something about the throttle response that is also different, where when I press the throttle, the engine responds quickly, and with increased torque.

BJ mentioned something about having the torque limiters unlocked, and you can definitely feel it.

In terms of sport mode, the car definitely takes off faster than usual and keeps pushing the wheels harder and harder. I haven't redlined it yet, which is the beauty of the tune. There's so much usable power throughout the rev range that you don't need to shift to 2nd from 50mph.

Coming back to the people at OE, BJ was great to deal with, putting up with my incessant questions about the differences between Canadian gas and US gas etc etc...

The whole setup process for the tune was easy as pie as well. Just plug this into that, that into this, press a button or two and you're done.

Overall, I highly recommend OE tuning as they have done a great job on my car and you should consider using them as well!
Old 06-30-2015, 05:23 PM
SPONSOR

Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
E550 tuning review

Originally Posted by fishtar
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this site so forgive me if I say something that's out of place or whatever.

This thread is to say how pleased I am with the tune that OE tuning gave me for my car.

I drive the NA 5.5L V8 E550 and, although I haven't dyno tested it, I can tell you the car is significantly faster. There's something about the throttle response that is also different, where when I press the throttle, the engine responds quickly, and with increased torque.

BJ mentioned something about having the torque limiters unlocked, and you can definitely feel it.

In terms of sport mode, the car definitely takes off faster than usual and keeps pushing the wheels harder and harder. I haven't redlined it yet, which is the beauty of the tune. There's so much usable power throughout the rev range that you don't need to shift to 2nd from 50mph.

Coming back to the people at OE, BJ was great to deal with, putting up with my incessant questions about the differences between Canadian gas and US gas etc etc...

The whole setup process for the tune was easy as pie as well. Just plug this into that, that into this, press a button or two and you're done.

Overall, I highly recommend OE tuning as they have done a great job on my car and you should consider using them as well!
Thanks Ishtar for such a great write up! Glad to hear you are enjoying the new performance.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 ML63 AMG
BJ also helped me with my purchase for my NA 2010 E550 about 7 weeks ago. What a difference! Really helps take advantage of that big engine with the more instant throttle response and more torque and hp output at lower rpms. Even saving me 0.7 mpg... which equates to 27 less gallons for the year! lol

Glad I went with OE!
Old 07-12-2015, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 193 Likes on 111 Posts
E63s AMG
Originally Posted by fishtar
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the review. I am intrigued to get this done one day. Anyone else want to share their experience.