E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

9500Ci/Bel Stir Install questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 11:11 PM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
2010 E550 4Matic Sport P2
9500Ci/Bel Stir Install questions

Where have you guys put your monitor and controller for installing one of these systems in a pre facelift w212? I am thinking I'll put the controller in the ashtray.

Does anyone know what all has to be removed to access that? I'm going to have to start sorting out what components and panels need to come off to get it setup properly!!

If you have seen or know of a more convenient/better location for the display and controller let me know!

I ended up going the 9500CI route (with the older crap zr4 laser shifters) I picked the system up for 617.50 shipped so it was cheaper than going with the Bel Stir for the radar portion (they are essentially the same unit).... and will benefit from at least the zr4's offering very good laser detection until I can pick up the ALP laser setup down the road. The laser's used in Minnesota are pretty outdated so the zr4's will offer "some" protection from them although by no means is it optimal (Kustom Prolaser III is the most common and likely highest tech/most current gun used here). It sounds like in real life it's about 80/20 radar/lidar around the state.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:17 PM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
2010 E550 4Matic Sport P2
Does anyone know a good place on the drivers side of the firewall to pass a couple wires through? I have to run the base knob for my amplifier down that side anyway so would prefer to keep the detector components there and kill two birds with one stone!