E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Almost got caught without the key fob

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 09:49 PM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
None
Almost got caught without the key fob

My wife and I went out this evening in her E250, she was initially going to drive, and had her key fob, but I ended up driving. Along the way, I realized I had a quick errand to run nearby, so I decided to drop my wife off at her destination first.
Kudos to Mercedes! When my wife exited the car buzzed and the display stated in red that the key wasn't detected.
I've heard many unfortunate stories from those in other makes who didn't have such luck. I'm glad I didn't end up with a car without a key at my destination.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts
2010 E550 4M P2 Distronic, CLK550 Cab P2
That's cool, good news, I popped the start/stop button out when I took delivery. Old school, as I just use the key ;-)
Old 10-06-2015, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 78 Posts
2010 E550 P2 w/AMG Sport Package + Pano, 2015 Nissan Pathfinder
Originally Posted by looney100
My wife and I went out this evening in her E250, she was initially going to drive, and had her key fob, but I ended up driving. Along the way, I realized I had a quick errand to run nearby, so I decided to drop my wife off at her destination first.
Kudos to Mercedes! When my wife exited the car buzzed and the display stated in red that the key wasn't detected.
I've heard many unfortunate stories from those in other makes who didn't have such luck. I'm glad I didn't end up with a car without a key at my destination.

Good for you, it's just annoys me when I literally step next to the car and it screams key missing lol. I drop two of my kids off every morning and literally step next to back door to let my daughter out to say my last good byes for the day and it's like danger danger. I would expect it to wait until I'm several feet away but I guess better safe then sorry.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:46 PM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
None
The sensitivity saved my bacon last night. My wife was standing just outside the passenger door waiting for my daughter to exit the back seat when the alarm sounded.
I was pretty grateful.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 78 Posts
2010 E550 P2 w/AMG Sport Package + Pano, 2015 Nissan Pathfinder
Originally Posted by looney100
The sensitivity saved my bacon last night. My wife was standing just outside the passenger door waiting for my daughter to exit the back seat when the alarm sounded.
I was pretty grateful.
It definitely won't let ya get more then a few inches away. I agree it can be worth the annoyance just for saving you in case it's a real chance you'll not have it on you.