E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Awesome free lowering mod, IF you have STAR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 03:20 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
2010 E550 4Matic Sport P2
Awesome free lowering mod, IF you have STAR

My front right corner was sitting higher than the others to an extent that I had a huge and ugly fender gap. I could not lower the front right and left evenly without the "car too low, pull over" red light error on the dash. I'd decided it was a faulty sensor as I'd checked and the brackets all looked even.

As the car was pulling due to being uneven, I decided to break our the star computer and make another attempt at leveling her out.

I decided to take a shot in the dark and disconnected a front link. I articulated the sensor arm while watching the reading on the star computer. I ended up tapping the mount itself down which is just a flimsy bracket with 2 u bolts around a tie rod. It leveled things out nicely. I ended up tapping them both down a touch than adjusting/fine tuning the ride height with the star computer and a measuring tape. All 4 corners are within an eight of an inch and it looks great. I could easily go lower with this method and the rear has a bit more room as well without any modification or manipulation of the brackets. I wasn't going for a slammed look, but just a more aggressive gap for the time being.

While this isn't a great option to use if you can not adjust the sensors settings, it costs nothing and so far a 5 miles test drive yielded no fluctuations in height once I got home.

I will report back if this lasts, but with neatly no tension on the brackets, I'm pretty confident it will.

Last edited by Abrown3mtg; 10-09-2015 at 03:23 AM.