E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Mercedes Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 314 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
Don't have the MB ELW myself, but it is widely considered the best option if you can get it and its mileage limits work for you. Almost two years ago, someone posted an online link to the MB ELW terms that is no longer hosted. But I pasted the terms in another thread and am repasting them here. Just keep in mind these could be out of date.

Exclusions:

DAMAGE DUE TO LACK OF MAINTENANCE: Lack of proper maintenance as described in the Maintenance Booklet. Use of service parts or fluids, such as paper oil filters or improper engine oil, which are non-approved by MBUSA, can cause engine damage and is not covered by this Agreement.
NORMAL MAINTENANCE IS OWNER’S RESPONSIBILITY: Cleaning and polishing, lubrication, filters, engine tune-up, replacing wiper blades or wiper rubber inserts, brake pads, sensor and rotors/discs, and clutch discs and pressure plates are some of the normal maintenance services vehicles require and are not covered by this Agreement. Tire rotations, if applicable to your vehicle’s tire configuration, are a required maintenance service, also not covered. See Maintenance Booklet for details. Damage caused by the use of improper filters (including oil filters), engine oils, fluids, cleaners, polishes or waxes is not covered.
Keep all records of maintenance for your vehicle with your Extended Limited Warranty Agreement or your “Service” booklet for the vehicle. The Extended Limited Warranty Agreement booklet and/or the “Service” booklet must be available for review by the repair facility. If you perform your own maintenance, your records must indicate work performed, date, parts replaced and odometer reading at the time of service. Receipts for purchases of parts and fluids or service and maintenance must be retained with this Agreement for the entire period of this Agreement. Failure to provide maintenance logs may result in the denial of claims. The administrator’s retention of broken parts, for inspection or use, may be required for any repair work.
DAMAGE CAUSED BY NON-APPROVED PARTS OR FLUIDS: Any malfunctions caused by the use of other than Mercedes-Benz original equipment of MBUSA-approved spare parts or accessories are not covered by this Agreement. Damages or malfunctions resulting from poor fuel quality or from blending additional fuel additive, other than those expressly approved for use in exceptional circumstances (see vehicle Operator’s Manual) by MBUSA are not covered.
DAMAGE DUE TO ACCIDENTS, MISUSE, NEGLIGENCE, FRAUD, IMPROPER ADJUSTMENTS, DISCONNECTION OR TAMPERING: Damage from object striking the vehicle. Misuse of the vehicle such as driving over curbs, overloading, improper operation, and storage or transport (Proper use is described in the Operator’s Manual). Damage attributable to any of the aforementioned is not covered.
DAMAGE CAUSED BY OUTSIDE INFLUENCES AND THE ENVIRONMENT: Accidents or acts of nature or other events beyond the control of Mercedes-Benz (e.g., fire, flood, earthquake). Resultant damage from factors such as, but not limited to, fuel or fluid contamination, corrosion, mold and algae. parts made from cloth or leather (e.g. upholstery, convertible tops, trim items), wood, sheet metal / body panels, paint or chrome which have been affected by airborne fallout, such as chemical and tree sap, or by road salt, hail, windstorm or other environmental factors, are not covered by this Agreement.
DAMAGE DUE TO MODIFICATIONS OR ALTERATIONS: Alterations by changing or adding to the vehicle can adversely affect its performance, reliability and longevity, and are not covered by this agreement.
ALTERED ODOMETER: No Agreement covered shall apply to any vehicle on which the odometer has been altered or the actual mileage cannot be determined.
DAMAGE CAUSED BY IMPROPER BODY REPAIRS: Damage or malfunctions caused by body repairs no performed in accordance with Mercedes-Benz-specified repair procedures or otherwise improperly performed, are not covered by this Agreement.
BATTERIES: Batteries are not covered by this Agreement.
TIRES: Tires are not covered by this Agreement.
GLASS: Glass is not covered by this Agreement.
PAINT AND OTHER APPEARANCE ITEMS: Paint and other appearance items are not covered by this Agreement.
CHANGES IN DESIGN: The manufacturer has reserved the right to make any changes in design or to make additions to, or upon its products without incurring any obligations to install the same equipment on motor vehicles previously built.
OTHER:The soft top which includes fabric tip, headliner, glass/plastic window; cellular telephones; Bluetooth dongles; communications service infrastructure such as, but not limited to, cellular telephone networks, GPS satellites availability, Internet and map data content.
EXTRA EXPENSES: This Agreement does not cover payment for loss of use of the vehicle during Agreement repairs nor lodging bills, substitute transportation rentals, or other travel costs, telephone calls, loss of pay, or other economic loss or consequential damages.
REPAIRS AT NON-AUTHORIZED DEALERS: Otherwise covered repairs when the prescribed repair is not performed by an authorized Dealer.
Old 02-13-2016, 01:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 E350 4Matic Sedan
I heard back from another dealer. My car was purchased off lease by a MB dealer who certified it, they let the certification lapse, then sold it to a non-MB dealer who I then purchased it from. Therefore MB will not allow me to purchase an extended MB warranty. The dealer said he spoke with MB directly and they will not make an exception.
Old 02-14-2016, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
That's a shame they can't straighten that out for you. At least you have an explanation.
Old 02-14-2016, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,467 Likes on 1,148 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
That kinda makes sense as whether a private party bought it or a dealer bought it, if an MB dealer sells it without a CPO, you can't buy the CPO or extended warranty later. I guess it's important to follow the chain of ownership in the carfax. It's too bad you didn't know about it earlier. You can only do a 3rd party warranty at this stage.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:27 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Too many to list
Thanks for the info! Unlike many of you, I didn't know I could negotiate on warranty price. I paid $3900 for 7 years Extended warranty. However, the Finance guy said I could cancel it at anytime for FULL Reimbursement during the first 4 years. I wonder how much I could have negotiated him down...?
Old 02-16-2016, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
I wonder if you can cancel the warranty for a refund and then buy it later from another dealer for significantly less. Hopefully the refund wouldn't make you ineligible. You could ask before doing so. At the end of the day, it's your money.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 126 Likes on 105 Posts
2020 X7 xDrive40i, 2016 X3 sDrive28i
Originally Posted by From M to AMG
Thanks for the info! Unlike many of you, I didn't know I could negotiate on warranty price. I paid $3900 for 7 years Extended warranty. However, the Finance guy said I could cancel it at anytime for FULL Reimbursement during the first 4 years. I wonder how much I could have negotiated him down...?
You should be able to cancel and get a full refund, then buy it from one of the internet dealers listed on this forum for a significant discount.

I did this with 2 MB's and each was about 30% lower than the original dealer price.

It does take a couple of months to get the refund.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 E350 Bluetec
I have a 2012 Bluetec e350. Which Warranty make sense to purchase? 7 year/70k?
Is it worth it?
Old 02-19-2016, 05:52 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2014 E350 4matic Sport
You have to figure out how many miles you driver per year to see which warranty is a better fit.

Originally Posted by Vincent Lee
I have a 2012 Bluetec e350. Which Warranty make sense to purchase? 7 year/70k?
Is it worth it?
Old 02-19-2016, 05:54 PM

Cost

Ok maybe then that was a dumb question. NJ Benzel Busch wants to charge ~3k. + surcharge and sales tax
Old 02-20-2016, 08:16 AM

2013 E350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by cx876
I got my 2 years ELW for my 11 E350 last May in Autobahn Motors in Belmont, CA for $1980,

just FYI.
@cx876: Do you have a contact for the person at Belmont that sold you the warranty?