E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

55Tech grill install comments

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 07:34 PM

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2007 cls550
55Tech grill install comments

Installed 55Tech grill. Installation was a breeze with a youtube video of removal. The only odd thing was that the new grill has clips in back for an upper bracket like OEM but they are too narrow to transfer the OEM bracket to. The OEM bracket also looks longer. Maybe my bracket is missing? I left an email for 55Tech. Oh, second odd thing is that the hood latch bracket sits tight against back of new grill. Maybe that is by design since the upper bracket doesn't transfer and this stabilizes it? Seems odd is that it is against a weak spot in the grill. Otherwise part is quality and looks fantastic on her car. She likes the star on hood but looking for one of those expensive flat badges previously made by a member here.

Old 06-25-2016, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 314 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
Looking good. Agree to add the flat badge with that grill. Then you'll be set.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:31 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
2011 E-350
Originally Posted by 95viper
Installed 55Tech grill. Installation was a breeze with a youtube video of removal. The only odd thing was that the new grill has clips in back for an upper bracket like OEM but they are too narrow to transfer the OEM bracket to. The OEM bracket also looks longer. Maybe my bracket is missing? I left an email for 55Tech. Oh, second odd thing is that the hood latch bracket sits tight against back of new grill. Maybe that is by design since the upper bracket doesn't transfer and this stabilizes it? Seems odd is that it is against a weak spot in the grill. Otherwise part is quality and looks fantastic on her car. She likes the star on hood but looking for one of those expensive flat badges previously made by a member here.

Looks great. I've been on the fence with regard to changing the grill on mine, but after seeing yours I'm going to do it. I already have the flat hood badge and think it makes the car a little more aggressive. I think you should go for it.