E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Would AMG seats fit a regular E-350?

Old 07-06-2016, 12:31 AM

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts
01 ML55AMG 04 ML500 03 ML350 08 ML63AMG
Would AMG seats fit a regular E-350?

I was just wondering If E63 Amg seats would fit My E-350? Im sure seats would fit but not sure if all the plugs would fit and hows the airbag situation? and i see driver seat have a control on the right side.
Let me know what will i get in to. Thanks
Old 07-24-2016, 01:40 PM

No comments?
Old 07-24-2016, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic
I've done this and am in the process of getting everything to work. 2010 E63 to 2014 E350. Installed split folding rear seats without a hitch but since my car didn't have these, I didn't hook up the electrical controls to drop the head rests and move the front seats forward when folded. Installer had to mess with adjusting the seat back to get them to fit perfectly and I ended up buying new latches with cables attached since the donor latches had cut cables and these cables cannot be bought separately.

Both front seats work, heating, memory and adjustments. Cooling does not work, even though I have installed a 2014 E63 switch panel in the console that has heating and cooling buttons for the front seats. I have not yet been able to get the active dynamic multi-contour driver's seat to work (I haven't yet installed the air pump/compressor, air reservoir, air lines and wiring). Driver's seat went in fine no problem with air bags, but be sure to disconnect both batteries before removing the old seat and installing the new. The passenger seat air bags are throwing a code, don't know whether the installer forgot to disconnect the batteries first, or if the bags are no good. I have new bags on order and will let you know.

I don't know if the seats have to be coded to my car with the star computer. So far the dealer says he can't do it -- but did not yet tell me why. I did set the car to see active dynamic multi-contour seats with heating and cooling through engineering mode on Comand (search "engineering mode").

I went for E63 seats because the AMG Nappa leather is softer that the stock leather in non-AMG vehicles. The Nappa leather in my C55 lasted ten hard years perfectly with minimal maintenance.

Last edited by Tump43; 07-24-2016 at 08:26 PM.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tump43
I've done this and am in the process of getting everything to work. 2010 E63 to 2014 E350. Installed split folding rear seats without a hitch but since my car didn't have these, I didn't hook up the electrical controls to drop the head rests and move the front seats forward when folded. Installer had to mess with adjusting the seat back to get them to fit perfectly and I ended up buying new latches with cables attached since the donor latches had cut cables and these cables cannot be bought separately.

Both front seats work, heating, memory and adjustments. Cooling does not work, even though I have installed a 2014 E63 switch panel in the console that has heating and cooling buttons for the front seats. I have not yet been able to get the active dynamic multi-contour driver's seat to work (I haven't yet installed the air pump/compressor, air reservoir, air lines and wiring). Driver's seat went in fine no problem with air bags, but be sure to disconnect both batteries before removing the old seat and installing the new. The passenger seat air bags are throwing a code, don't know whether the installer forgot to disconnect the batteries first, or if the bags are no good. I have new bags on order and will let you know.

I don't know if the seats have to be coded to my car with the star computer. So far the dealer says he can't do it -- but did not yet tell me why. I did set the car to see active dynamic multi-contour seats with heating and cooling through engineering mode on Comand (search "engineering mode").

I went for E63 seats because the AMG Nappa leather is softer that the stock leather in non-AMG vehicles. The Nappa leather in my C55 lasted ten hard years perfectly with minimal maintenance.
Thank you for the reply. Im thinking of doing it but i dont know if its worth it, the main concern is that my airbag light wont light up and i want my heated seats to work and the door botton settings. i dont really care about the ac vent.
let me know how it will go for you and what did you do with the airbag lights and if you have some pics post them so me and others can see Thanks
Old 07-28-2016, 08:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 E350 4Matic
Door button seating will work fine. Seat heaters will work fine. Airbags should work fine without a light if installed correctly (w/batteries disconnected until done) and are in good shape. (From my post I have both situations). Only problem is getting the seat cooling and active dynamic multicontour side bolsters to work.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tump43
Door button seating will work fine. Seat heaters will work fine. Airbags should work fine without a light if installed correctly (w/batteries disconnected until done) and are in good shape. (From my post I have both situations). Only problem is getting the seat cooling and active dynamic multicontour side bolsters to work.
Sounds good to me I guess now i need to work on the price to get them. I don't mind if cooling don't work and dynamic multicontour side bolsters. As long as all the other stuff works.
If you don't mind me asking, how much you pay for ur seats and where u got them?
Thanks again for ur reply
Old 07-29-2016, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 E350 4Matic
I used ebay and searched junk/auto recycle yards with "www.car-part.com" as posted by another member of this board. Prices vary depending on shipping, condition, completeness and functions of the seats purchased. I paid about $2k for, in pretty much perfect condition (but for needed cleaning and moisturizing), a black Nappa leather AMG active dynamic multi-contour drivers' seat, passenger seat, split folding rear seats, air pump, air reservoir and console switches. All components of the seats were present and working (though some had to be replaced by the supplier free of charge with working parts). The seats came from two different 2010 E63's and the switches came from a 2014 E63 to match my interior. Installation of everything is very easy, but for the air pump, air reservoir, air lines, and electrical connections necessary to get the seat cooling, active dynamic multicontour side bolsters, and rear head rest retraction functions working. Those last items are more involved than my skills allow. I will hire someone to do it.

Last edited by Tump43; 07-29-2016 at 03:02 PM.
Old 07-29-2016, 06:10 PM

Yeah price is about right from what i see. Will do some heavy searching and see what i can find.
Will leave the feedback if i find it and do it
Old 02-26-2020, 12:13 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 C63 Coupe
Any update/progress in getting the 63 seats fully operable in a non-amg?
Old 02-27-2020, 10:23 AM

Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts
2000 E430 Sport
One of the mods I thought heavily about pursuing is adding the multicontour passenger seat but the effort / cost proved too high...if not impossible altogether due to coding restrictions and lack of available W212 multicontour passenger seats in the US (or anywhere else). Would have to have a contact at MB in Germany to get some kind of permissions to unlock the option in STAR so I've been told. Good luck!

Last edited by retna7; 02-27-2020 at 10:30 AM.