E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

JL subwoofer installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 11:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
W212
JL subwoofer installed

Wanted a simple setup. This enclosure comes with a built in amp so it's pretty much plug and play. Sounds excellent with no rattles. Didn't even need to dynomat. For those who are interested ACS112LG-TW1. Went with the JL wiring as well.

The rubber trunk mat keeps it from moving.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by mikerx80
Wanted a simple setup. This enclosure comes with a built in amp so it's pretty much plug and play. Sounds excellent with no rattles. Didn't even need to dynomat. For those who are interested ACS112LG-TW1. Went with the JL wiring as well.

The rubber trunk mat keeps it from moving.

nice

where did you tap for power -- battery? What input tap did you use ... the feed to the rear deck speakers?
Old 10-21-2016, 11:44 PM

W212
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
nice

where did you tap for power -- battery? What input tap did you use ... the feed to the rear deck speakers?
​​​​
I wish I can answer that question. I had my shop install. Took less than 2 hours.
Old 10-22-2016, 02:03 AM

Received 141 Likes on 105 Posts
2010 E550
I hate that hump in the back of our trunks so much. I transferred a JL sub from my old car to my current car but I can't push the sub all the way to the back because of the hump so it kind of just sits in the middle of my trunk taking up a bunch of space. At least you don't have that problem :B
Old 10-22-2016, 03:14 AM

W212
Originally Posted by Peachy
I hate that hump in the back of our trunks so much. I transferred a JL sub from my old car to my current car but I can't push the sub all the way to the back because of the hump so it kind of just sits in the middle of my trunk taking up a bunch of space. At least you don't have that problem :B
Without that hump it would be laying up. But had to put it on its back to maximize the trunk space. Yeah that hump sucks. I take it that you probably have a bigger box.
Old 10-22-2016, 05:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
​​​​
I wish I can answer that question. I had my shop install. Took less than 2 hours.
ah I see, you mentioned plug and play
Old 10-23-2016, 03:51 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
2010 E550 4Matic Sport P2
Originally Posted by Peachy
Do you have the JL high output box? (Looks like a large wedge with the sub recessed behind a circular cut out)? If so, I have the same situation/setup. It irks me! I spoke with a friend that designs systems and asked what we could design that would sound nearly as good... his response, "nothing"... so for now, I deal with the lost cargo capacity
Old 10-24-2016, 01:19 AM

W212
Originally Posted by Abrown3mtg
Do you have the JL high output box? (Looks like a large wedge with the sub recessed behind a circular cut out)? If so, I have the same situation/setup. It irks me! I spoke with a friend that designs systems and asked what we could design that would sound nearly as good... his response, "nothing"... so for now, I deal with the lost cargo capacity
This is the model, ACS112LG-TW1. JL engineers their boxes to put out max power from their subs. So as your friend mentioned it is difficult to reproduce with a custom box. There is enough trunk space for me so not much of an issue.
Old 10-24-2016, 03:36 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
2010 E550 4Matic Sport P2
This is the model, ACS112LG-TW1. JL engineers their boxes to put out max power from their subs. So as your friend mentioned it is difficult to reproduce with a custom box. There is enough trunk space for me so not much of an issue.
You lucked out! This is what I have eating up my cargo area....

Although mine is all grey. I had to remove the coat hanger from the deck lid but it barely slides in.... Pushes forward a decent way. I think I could actually re arrange a bit under the flooring and allow it to sit fully flush, but that isn't something I'm inclined to tackle. The sound from that box is incredible. I have always run w7's in the past but opted for a 12w6 this go around and have been perfectly content.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:19 AM

W212
Originally Posted by Abrown3mtg
You lucked out! This is what I have eating up my cargo area....

Although mine is all grey. I had to remove the coat hanger from the deck lid but it barely slides in.... Pushes forward a decent way. I think I could actually re arrange a bit under the flooring and allow it to sit fully flush, but that isn't something I'm inclined to tackle. The sound from that box is incredible. I have always run w7's in the past but opted for a 12w6 this go around and have been perfectly content.
I'm sure the sound is amazing... A small sacrifice for a nice gain.