European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

Delivery Date Confirmed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 01:59 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2013 BMW 335i Msport, 2012 Mustang GT
Delivery Date Confirmed!

This is an exciting day for me, as we've waited three and a half weeks since we placed our order with the dealer for this. Today I received a confirmation letter from Mercedes Benz that our requested pickup date is confirmed and that we are scheduled for delivery of our new GLC on April the 19th in Sindelfingen, Germany.

I'm looking forward to others posting about their confirmations, as we hopefully grow our new little forum.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:24 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
BMW 330i
Originally Posted by mdsbuc
This is an exciting day for me, as we've waited three and a half weeks since we placed our order with the dealer for this. Today I received a confirmation letter from Mercedes Benz that our requested pickup date is confirmed and that we are scheduled for delivery of our new GLC on April the 19th in Sindelfingen, Germany.

I'm looking forward to others posting about their confirmations, as we hopefully grow our new little forum.
CONGRATULATION!!!!!!
When and what hotel you will choose?

Last edited by Gary From LA; 02-03-2016 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Gary From LA
CONGRATULATION!!!!!!
When you what hotel you will choose?
Thanks! MB is giving me a choice of either Graf Zeppelin Hotel, or Hotel am Schlossgarten. I've emailed a German friend of mine to see if he has a preference. We'll be coming in by train from his home in Osnabrueck, and I'm curious to know if either one is walkable with luggage from the station.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:58 PM

BMW 330i
Thanks! MB is giving me a choice of either Graf Zeppelin Hotel, or Hotel am Schlossgarten. I've emailed a German friend of mine to see if he has a preference. We'll be coming in by train from his home in Osnabrueck, and I'm curious to know if either one is walkable with luggage from the station.
Hmm, looks like old thread in Bimmerfest ED forum give me impression that you can choose one hotel and even you can choose Interalpen-Hotel Tyrol...

I change my route to spend one night there...

Old 02-03-2016, 05:50 PM

Hmm, looks like old thread in Bimmerfest ED forum give me impression that you can choose one hotel and even you can choose Interalpen-Hotel Tyrol...

I change my route to spend one night there...
Right. It may be possible to make the request and get it, but based on the official documentation, unless you choose to do one of the extended vacation packages, those two are it. That works for me because I'm just looking for something near Sindelfingen the night before delivery.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:59 PM

BMW 330i
Right. It may be possible to make the request and get it, but based on the official documentation, unless you choose to do one of the extended vacation packages, those two are it. That works for me because I'm just looking for something near Sindelfingen the night before delivery.
Hotel Graf Zeppelin in Konstanz - $79/night - I can get this hotel without MB discount.

Althoff Hotel am Schlossgarten - $137
Old 02-03-2016, 08:13 PM

Hotel Graf Zeppelin in Konstanz - $79/night - I can get this hotel without MB discount.

Althoff Hotel am Schlossgarten - $137
I think it will be Althoff, as it is also closer to the train station.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:50 PM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Diamond Silver 2017 C300 Coupe (C205)

Congratulations. Did you get that letter in the mail?

So far I only got an email from europeandelivery@mbusa.com saying "thank you for your order" and a bunch of attchments.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:54 PM

Supposedly, Graf Zeppelin Hotel is right across from the main train station, and is the better of the two.
Old 02-04-2016, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by Flanker
Congratulations. Did you get that letter in the mail?

So far I only got an email from europeandelivery@mbusa.com saying "thank you for your order" and a bunch of attchments.
Thanks Flanker. No, mine is like yours. It arrived as an email as well. What have you ordered? When is your delivery day?
Old 02-04-2016, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by Flanker
Supposedly, Graf Zeppelin Hotel is right across from the main train station, and is the better of the two.
Hmmm. Perhaps I need to do a little more research before I choose. My friend from Osnabrueck seemed to think that Althoff Hotel am Schlossgarten would be closer, and the hotels comparable. But, we shall see. I doubt I'll be disappointed by either. I'll probably be awake half the night in anticipation of the next morning's delivery.
Old 02-04-2016, 12:26 PM

BMW 330i
Hmmm. Perhaps I need to do a little more research before I choose. My friend from Osnabrueck seemed to think that Althoff Hotel am Schlossgarten would be closer, and the hotels comparable. But, we shall see. I doubt I'll be disappointed by either. I'll probably be awake half the night in anticipation of the next morning's delivery.
I just realise I was looking for different hotel - Hotel Graf Zeppelin in Konstanz, not Stuttgart.
Old 02-04-2016, 02:55 PM

Checking on maps.google, it appears that Althoff Hotel am Schlossgarten is about a two minute walk from the station, while the Graf Zeppelin Hotel is a three or four minute walk. So, it's pretty much a toss up. Althoff gets slightly higher reviews on Tripadvisor. I'll email my choice in tomorrow.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:55 PM

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
no MBs at the moment :(
Checking on maps.google, it appears that Althoff Hotel am Schlossgarten is about a two minute walk from the station, while the Graf Zeppelin Hotel is a three or four minute walk. So, it's pretty much a toss up. Althoff gets slightly higher reviews on Tripadvisor. I'll email my choice in tomorrow.
Yeah, both of the hotels are highly rated on TripAdvisor and they're both pretty cheap on Kayak if you want to stay additional nights. I know you can book additional nights through MB USA, but I haven't figured what the rates are through MB.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by CliffJumper
Yeah, both of the hotels are highly rated on TripAdvisor and they're both pretty cheap on Kayak if you want to stay additional nights. I know you can book additional nights through MB USA, but I haven't figured what the rates are through MB.
Oh, that's good to know about pricing. I think I'm going to need another night in Stuttgart after I drop the car back off.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:27 PM

Thanks Flanker. No, mine is like yours. It arrived as an email as well. What have you ordered? When is your delivery day?

I have ordered a 2017 C-coupe, Diamond Silver with Crystal Grey interior.
Delivery date is April 5.
The trick is that so far, there's no pricing on the options. So I don't know what the car will cost...and cannot pay for it.
Old 03-12-2016, 11:07 PM

BMW 330i

r

We have to scratch our plans for this year ED and moving to next year.
Old 03-13-2016, 01:36 AM

r

We have to scratch our plans for this year ED and moving to next year.
Sorry to hear that Gary. On the bright side, MB will be deep into year 2 of production of the GLC, giving them the time necessary to work out any of the niggles of a first year model. Hope the delay is for nothing serious. Enjoy your trip in 2017!