European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

Has anyone done European Delivery in MN?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 03:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2017 Mercedes GLC 4matic, 2010 Infiniti G37x
Has anyone done European Delivery in MN?

I am looking at ordering a GLC for European Delivery this year. Is there anyone that has done EDP with a dealership in Minnesota?

If so, how was your experience and were you able to negotiate anything above the 7% MSRP discount?

I know I could go through Herbert at MB of Escondido and get it delivered here, but would prefer to do the entire thing locally, as long as the dealership has some experience with the process.

Any other advice for a first time Mercedes and EDP buyer? I am hoping to order within the next month for pickup in August.

Thanks for your help!
Old 03-15-2016, 06:14 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2013 BMW 335i Msport, 2012 Mustang GT
My suggestion would be to shoot out an email to the dealers you might be interested in doing business with, asking them 1)What their experience with doing ED is, and 2)What they can they offer beyond the standard discount that MB offers on the program. Good luck!
Old 03-31-2016, 10:50 PM

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
no MBs at the moment :(
One major difference between Mercedes and BMW ED programs is that with Mercedes you can order your ED car from any dealership AND have the car re-delivered to ANY OTHER MB dealership in the country.

While I couldn't order from him because he didn't have any allocations available for my car, I wish I could have ordered my ED car from Herb http://www.mbeuropeandelivery.com

He won't be the absolute lowest guy, but he will immediately give you a straight up good discount with no negotiation and he is a true expert in the process. Going with an ED dealer who knows the process is very, very helpful vs. someone who has done this once or twice or is trying to learn along the way.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:09 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 GLA 45
Most MB dealers that do at least a few of these a year have someone who is knowledgable on the process. We're on our third dealer for EDP, although only the second person as he jumped from the MB of Denver to Westminster dealership. It does help to have someone who knows the process!