European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

Traffic Fines by Country - Europe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 10:01 AM

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
'17 S63A4, '13 CLS4M, '99 CLK320A
Traffic Fines by Country - Europe

Hello Everyone,
I've attached a table showing the fines for various driving infractions in Europe. The source of this table is the German Auto Club (ADAC).

I thought that it might be helpful to those of you with European Deliveries soon.

Note the very heavy fines for speeding in Switzerland. I've made some notes on the table to try to increase comprehension.

Hope this helps.
Bill

European Traffic Fines Schedule.pdf

p.s. Picked up the S63 Cabrio this past Friday!!
The following 2 users liked this post by BillyD:
Lurkerlisa (07-06-2016), quantira2 (11-08-2017)
Old 07-04-2016, 12:18 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
BMW 330i
Originally Posted by BillyD
Hello Everyone,
p.s. Picked up the S63 Cabrio this past Friday!!

Old 11-08-2017, 05:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG E63s
This July I got a nice $800 speeding ticket near Lucerne... after letting the judge yell at me, he gave me a beautiful $3200 judgement and as I understand it, 5 yrs "band camp" from driving in Switzerland
I was doing 116km in a 70km zone... photo got me, driving an Audi A6
It was as I was entering Lucerne and the highway turns "residential", best way to describe it... I was driving in the 120km zone
Old 11-24-2017, 07:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
W213
Originally Posted by 0-2-60
This July I got a nice $800 speeding ticket near Lucerne... after letting the judge yell at me, he gave me a beautiful $3200 judgement and as I understand it, 5 yrs "band camp" from driving in Switzerland
I was doing 116km in a 70km zone... photo got me, driving an Audi A6
It was as I was entering Lucerne and the highway turns "residential", best way to describe it... I was driving in the 120km zone
not european delivery related i was also driving an a6 quattro camera flashed near lake constance on the swiss side, never got a ticket (irish driving lisence, german rental car, I was in switzerland) same story again next year, got caught in germany and switzerland, german fine was like 10 euro, swiss one was 30 euro or 40 francs or something like it, the german fine was in German, even though I speak german i said F this not paying unless its in english. Week later I get the swiss fine and it was in english, I paid it.

If it's a camera ticket, just ignore it. I've ignored the german one and didn't get a second letter etc, if you're caught in person, the swiss will rail you.