Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

So Cal Get Together in Pasadena on 5/21

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
2002 CLK430
So Cal Get Together in Pasadena on 5/21

At 5 PM, on Saturday May 21, a week after Cinco de Benzo (hopefully we’ve all recovered by then) - the MB World Faithful are invited to a get together at the Bodega Wine Bar in Pasadena. It’s open to everyone, but ESPECIALLY Benz owners. The address is 300 E Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91101 and I’ve reserved the Green Room.

Although the free food will start rolling out around 5:30-ish, I’m not asking for RSVPs. That's because I try to avoid RSVPs whenever I go anywhere. I think of RSVPs like this - you make a date this weekend with girl #1 and that’s an RSVP. Just about then, smoking hot girl #2 asks if you’re free this weekend and that first RSVP just became a commitment you’d rather get out of. Besides, if you show up late and the free food's been devoured, it's not like you RSVP'd and someone was supposed to set a plate aside. The Mercedes-Benz Club of America and The Southwest Star Magazine are underwriting our soiree and paying for some appetizers. I checked and they aren’t setting a plate aside either. But hey, if you show up and the food is gone I might buy you a drink. I'll probably buy several people drinks.

I’ve enlisted two people to break the ice and give talks in the Green Room. One will spend a few minutes talking about MBCA events (somebody ask him about the free stuff at events), discounts (because EVERYONE with a Benz wants a discount), and basic MB stuff. He’ll have a zillion free Mercedes-Benz Magazines to pass out. Then a “rather attractive” lady will spend a few minutes talking about finance – that’s her background; Money and where to put it. I need a couple of speakers because if I just say “PARTY at the Bodega Wine Bar!” I’ll sound like an alcoholic. Although, if they’re boring, and any alcoholics want to join me in another room or the bar . . . . . . . .

Although the name is “Bodega Wine Bar”, you don’t have to know anything about wine. They also have beer, bubbles, sake, soju, and mixed drinks. Probably soda too. The Bodega Wine Bar is laid back so wear whatever you want. Although, if you show up looking homeless, I will personally post your photo @MB World. Repeatedly. If you’ve only met So Cal peeps MBWorld, this should be a good place to put a face with the busted car question.

Any questions?

Last edited by MarcusF; 04-29-2016 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
E55 AMG (SOLD), EvoSport CLK (SOLD), 2013 GsxR 750 (SOLD)
Definitely going to consider attending.
I should be available.

LMAO!!! @ your comment about... "Although, if you show up looking homeless, I will personally post your photo @MB World."
Old 05-02-2016, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK430
@GSXR
I think we'll have a good time. I tried to pitch a "certain sponsor" with supplying free stuff, but they balked. It's not like I said 60" flat screens - I told them "lets give away a pair of tablets". They responded with something about not wanting people to simply show up for freebies. Even after saying that "another sponsor" would cover half the tablet expenses they said no. Cheap Brds. Having worked in the entertainment industry for decades, I can tell you - handing out swag is half the fun!

Cinco de Benzo has it right: Swag-Fest 2016.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1993 Cutlass Ciera SL w/ 3300 Buick Engine
Yeah, i will definitely try to show up for this one more so than the cinco de benzo.
And I also see why one of the sponsors may have backed out of the swag, since they expect a lot of ROI but due to being a "car event" they barely see any business return even after dropping some good freebies. (seen it happen with the 70 mile saturday crew, and a few local "euro-focused" shops)
Is mostly about the PR I assume, but most businesses don't see value on it

Anyways, hopefully some of the old people show up for this event, and im talking about the people who were there when we took over the rosebowl parking quite a few years back
Old 05-22-2016, 02:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ah! Marcus... did anyone end up going?
If so, how was it?
I couldn't finish what i was working-on in time (wife's Audi).
Sorry about that bro!
Old 05-24-2016, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK430
Originally Posted by babyboigsxr
Ah! Marcus... did anyone end up going?
If so, how was it?
I couldn't finish what i was working-on in time (wife's Audi).
Sorry about that bro!
I think the Aliens guy puts it best -

I guess I'm going to have to go to OC and buy drinks.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

^
LoL. Aww... man.
We'll meet up during an event in the O.C.