G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

Disconnecting the battery on my G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 03:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G55, 69 280SL, 67 Aston Martin DB6
Disconnecting the battery on my G

I'd put my G away yesterday. I wanted to disconnect the battery but was having trouble doing so. I wonder if anyone has had any experience in this.

The battery is located underneath the rear cup holders. I was able to locate the tool kit which I had successfully pulled out. I tried pulling the carpeted cover out but the cup holder seems to be in the way. There were also a couple of screws holding the panel in...not sure. I tried unscrewing the two screws (located near the tool kit cover) but that didn't seem to work. I wonder if there were more things to unscrew or none at all as I would think that it ought to be quite easily accessible.

I didn't have enough time yesterday to figure this out. Would love to be armed with a bit more info. the next time I tackle this. I would hate to have the battery replaced so soon on a car with barely 300 miles on it.

All useful help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers