G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

G63 potential buyers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G63
G63 potential buyers

After 10,000 miles with my G63 I thought I would post some driving impressions for those researching the purchase of this vehicle.

The industry reviews and forum posts were invaluable to me.

Anyone "on the fence" about buying this truck versus other options can rest assured they will be deliriously happy with their purchase.

Without rehashing much that has been written about the G63, I convey some driving impressions that were simply unavailable anywhere I looked.

I do the majority of my driving on country roads with tight apexes and a lot of elevation changes. As such, this daily driver had to perform without the dreaded but necessary stability systems keeping me from jumping a guardrail rolling over a hillside.

While my urban test drive partially confirmed this was a vehicle I could live with, it wasn't until I actually drove the G63 along my treasured country roads that I became totally surprised at its capabilities to carve up the turns.

A perspective for those with knowledge of motorcycles, I chose to ride a Hayabusa for years versus a 1,000 or 600cc sport bike on these roads.

Simply put, by driving smoothly and having the frequent ability to choose one's apexes, the G can be driven briskly and rewardingly on these roller coaster roads
I won't be more specific on how how "briskly".

What an enormously satisfying vehicle to own and enjoy.