G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

Time to build new g wagon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maserati
Time to build new g wagon

Does anyone know the mechanism to have a new g wagon built? Deposit required / time to wait?

Also, I saw a 2014 g550 with 9k miles on the lot at mercedes benz of sugar land selling for 111,000.

why on earth would you buy that when a new 2015 is barely more?

are people that impatient to wait?
Old 02-07-2015, 07:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
'14 E63S, '13 G550, '06 E320 cdi, and a bunch of other stuff.
That's called an asking price.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:04 AM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
6x6 | 4x4
Originally Posted by samspan
Does anyone know the mechanism to have a new g wagon built? Deposit required / time to wait?

Also, I saw a 2014 g550 with 9k miles on the lot at mercedes benz of sugar land selling for 111,000.

why on earth would you buy that when a new 2015 is barely more?

are people that impatient to wait?
Hi Samspan -

The wait time to order a New G Wagon varies due to a few reasons. Generally, you would want to order from an AMG Performance Center, as they get more Build Slot Allocations versus a standard MB Dealer. A list of these Dealers can be found here:

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/webspeci...mance_centers/

Here in Greenwich, CT, we are an AMG Performance Center, but the G Wagon is very popular up here. So even with our extra slot allocations, we fill those very quickly, and we have a waiting list. For instance, I had a Client place an order with me in November last year, but the Factory didn't schedule the Build until May of 2015. My Client now is going to have to wait over 6 Months to receive his G63, luckily he is very patient!

If we had an open slot, the time from Order to Delivery is usually 8 weeks. I have colleagues across the Country who do not work for an AMG Performance Center, and they have told me that some of the AMG Orders are never accepted from the Factory, so it is really important that you get a Build Date at time of Order, if possible.

We require a $5,000 Deposit to place the order. Depending on if you want to Finance or Lease, we will have to get you Pre-Approved from MBF. If you are purchasing with Cash, we do not require that approval.

G Wagons are an amazing Truck, and the body styling isn't going to change for a long time to come (it has been virtually unchanged for 30 years!).

- Justin
Old 02-09-2015, 09:10 PM

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser Heritage Edition
I got lucky with my 2014. I had ordered a new G in the late summer of 2013 and then changed my mind and ordered a 2014 Range Rover, which arrived just before Christmas in 2013. I went with the Range Rover primarily for better gas mileage (I went with the V6 engine), but the measured mileage wasn't working out to be any better and there were some things that were just driving me up the wall (the touch screen with menus within menus within menus to do simple stuff, for example). So after about 6 months, I decided to order a G as the supply/demand curve on Range Rovers has been crazy and I could trade it in for pretty much what I paid for it. So I called the original MB dealer and got the ball rolling. Less than a week later, the salesperson called me and told me that my G was ready for delivery. It turns out they had kept pushing my original order up as other buyers came in and I timed it just right such that the color combination I had ordered came in unspoken for. I'm so glad I made the switch, the G is a fantastic vehicle.

There are a few dealers around the Boston area who tend to have G's in stock, so depending on where you live, you might get lucky and find a color combination you would be happy with on a dealer's lot.