G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

14 G550, electrical issues are you?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 03:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 Mercedes SLS GT AMG, 2015 S550 coupe, 2016 AMG GT coupe, 2021/22 Mercedes-Benz G550
14 G550, electrical issues are you?

Purchased a brand new 2014 G550 fully loaded mango matte finish last marched from Mercedes-Benz of Tampa .
While driving up back to nj I had electrical issues
1-left and right turn signal not working
2-left and right fog lamps not working
3- left and right headlights not working
4- rear door lock not working
5- blind assist not working in rain
Most of these error came up on dash except 4-5

Took it to my local dealer contemporary motors in little silver nj .
They told me that they cleared the faults and that was it . Meaning while it was occurring non stop for the past year .

Recently my front right PARKTRONIC STARTED GOING OFF FOR NO REASON AT ALL At any speeds plus there was no one in front of me . Nor could you turn the sound off.

So they brought the car back saying its fix , the mb rep who drove it to the house told me that the parktronic was going off the whole way and there are errors in the dash . I refused it and sent it back!
I had to contact Mbusa in order to get something done to fix all theae issues .
So today I got a call from the service manager advising me that the front brush guard that comes with the car is causing the parktronic to go off and that they removed and the PARKTRONIC doesn't go off for no reason now ?
Is anyone having these issues and are driving around with no guard ?
Why is it that all the cars I see have the brush guard on ? Are they not having issues ?

Right now the car falls under lemon law I just want a brand new car and that's it ! Seriously I've been dealing with these same issues a week after I got the car last year !!!
Old 03-12-2015, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
14'G63 AMG ,1994 Mercedes E500, 2020 Range Rover HST
My dealer bought my 2013 G63 cause it had lots of electrical issues in the first 4 months of ownership. We ordered a brand new 2014 G63 and this one seems ok. Had the navi screen, fuel pump module and one of the headlights already replaced but at least the truck is drivable.
Old 03-12-2015, 02:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 GL450, 2013 Lexus GS350 F-Sport
Wow, already?
Old 03-13-2015, 11:13 AM

Received 241 Likes on 138 Posts
Soon: 2020 G63 Currently: 2016 GLE63 SUV + 97 F250HD, Before: 2013 G550, Range Rover Sport, 1984 CJ7
My 13G550 is full of electrical gremlins. All similiar to what you guys have had. Alot more are phantoms and the NJ dealer thinks I am a crazy person b/c when I take it in they dont reoccur...
Old 03-15-2015, 12:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
14'G63 AMG ,1994 Mercedes E500, 2020 Range Rover HST
Mine new 14 G has gremlins in it to but I just don't mention them since they happen out of the blue. Just two from the top of my head, the illumination lights on door panels dont come on with my headlights at night. Second is, the new screen that was replaced the first day of ownership sometimes freezes and none of the button works accept power so I just shut the radio off for a second and put it back on and it starts working again.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 CLK63AMG cab., 2014 G550
Originally Posted by ElioVentrella
Purchased a brand new 2014 G550 fully loaded mango matte finish last marched from Mercedes-Benz of Tampa .
While driving up back to nj I had electrical issues
1-left and right turn signal not working
2-left and right fog lamps not working
3- left and right headlights not working
4- rear door lock not working
5- blind assist not working in rain
Most of these error came up on dash except 4-5

Took it to my local dealer contemporary motors in little silver nj .
They told me that they cleared the faults and that was it . Meaning while it was occurring non stop for the past year .

Recently my front right PARKTRONIC STARTED GOING OFF FOR NO REASON AT ALL At any speeds plus there was no one in front of me . Nor could you turn the sound off.

So they brought the car back saying its fix , the mb rep who drove it to the house told me that the parktronic was going off the whole way and there are errors in the dash . I refused it and sent it back!
I had to contact Mbusa in order to get something done to fix all theae issues .
So today I got a call from the service manager advising me that the front brush guard that comes with the car is causing the parktronic to go off and that they removed and the PARKTRONIC doesn't go off for no reason now ?
Is anyone having these issues and are driving around with no guard ?
Why is it that all the cars I see have the brush guard on ? Are they not having issues ?

Right now the car falls under lemon law I just want a brand new car and that's it ! Seriously I've been dealing with these same issues a week after I got the car last year !!!
The PARKTRONIC issue is something I experienced with my '14 G550 also. This is a known problem by MBUSA. The temporary fix was to apply felt pads to the inside of the uprights of the brush guard. I have been told that the permanent solution will be a software update to get the sensors to stop "seeing" the brush guard as an object in front of the vehicle. Other than that, I have had no other issues in almost a year of ownership and 32k miles.