G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

Which one is positive - HELP - Speaker wires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g500
Which one is positive - HELP - Speaker wires

Hi Friends.

So I installed a Alpine after market stereo on my G500 '02 and the difference it made was phenomenal while on stock speakers. Then I decided to upgrade the speaker (cause I really want to avoid adding a sub and the stock were rattling when pushed) to Boston Acoustics Rc61LF 6.5 on all four doors. All installation was done by a professional btw, but I didn't have time to do the 2 small 4" speakers installed near the back door so I decided to buy a pair and do it my self.

I figured it would be easy since I take those panels off all the time to hide un-holy things =), mostly thongs and el Chapo.... I mean to work on the sunroof motor.

The speaker replacement was easy to do but I ran into a problem... I don't know which wire is positive!!!! Is it the SOLID BLACK or is the GREEN WITH BLACK HELP!!!???

Just in case. These are the upgrades I did for sound; BTW at home, I'm a the McIntosh amps, Martin Logan speaker with sun-fire subs kind of audiophile, so i want the same clarity in my car. Too much base requires one to wear a bandana. i don't like bandanas.

1. Alpine ICS-X7HD
2. Boston Acoustics rc61lf (doors)
3. Rockford fosgate Prime R14x2 ( Rear top truck area)
4. No sub yet
4. No amp ( bTW) where the is the amp on these truck. Do '02's even have one.
5. Dash speakers are untouched.

NOte on the R14x2 : They are bigger than stock so you will need to cut a larger circle on the panels. Screw holes don't align so will need to make new ones too.