G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

Few G-Wagons with Push Start accomplished

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 11:05 PM

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts
s550
Few G-Wagons with Push Start accomplished

I plan on owning a G-Wagon some time in the near future. But having been spoiled by the keyless-go feature in my S-Class, I just can't live without Push to start. It doesn't have to be full keyless-go options like on the s-class where all the doors etc are an intricate part of the feature but at least push to start i would like to have. Unfortunately, and weirdly, push to start or keyless go has never been an option on the G-wagon model.

I have searched online and found some that have succeeded. But i have had little to no luck getting any info from them online.

This one starts apparently with a thumb push in the gear shifter.

This one here is sleek and what i would love to accomplish.I contacted the FUZIK company but they responded saying there don't carry anything like that for the G-wagon which is weird cause it sort of seems they do on their website.

Anyone have any idea how these guys accomplished adding push start on their G-wagon?
Old 07-22-2015, 03:31 PM

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts
12' E559
i can say this much. first video guy did some fairly trick upgrades. thats not even a G-class steering wheel....even the new '15 doesnt have that style. the push start looks to be from a S class or similar (top of shifter not on dash style)...im sure with the right parts it can be coded in.