G55 AMG (W463) Discuss the G55 AMG.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Iphone 5 cable/adaptor

Old 12-08-2012, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 G63
Iphone 5 cable/adaptor

Is anyone aware of a connector/cable that solves this issue? I'd like to think MB is bringing an adaptor or new cable entirely to market but I don't think it is yet available. I've been streaming via bluetooth which is adequate but with this you cannot access search features or album covers when trolling the music library.

Adam
Old 12-08-2012, 03:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
Maybe this would help? http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD...30-pin-adapter

Not sure if album covers works through that or not, but you can try. Apple has a really good return policy if it doesn't work.
I have it on my R and it works for listening to music and changing playlists/ songs from the steering wheel. I retain all of my regular functionality, however, my car never showed album covers through the Command to begin with.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:45 AM

2013 G63
Originally Posted by xxGenericSNxx
Maybe this would help? http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD...30-pin-adapter

Not sure if album covers works through that or not, but you can try. Apple has a really good return policy if it doesn't work.
I have it on my R and it works for listening to music and changing playlists/ songs from the steering wheel. I retain all of my regular functionality, however, my car never showed album covers through the Command to begin with.
That should do the trick, thanks. A few months ago I ordered the generic knockoff to that same adaptor from eBay (apple didn't yet have their own adaptor in stock at that time). Needless to say it didn't work, at all. For $29 and a good return policy I think I'll hit my local Apple store in the morning. Much appreciated.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:56 AM

2013 G 63 AMG
The Apple adapters work great, except they don't support video so you can't watch videos from your iPhone on your COMAND display.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:48 PM

2013 G63
Originally Posted by jimmyg
The Apple adapters work great, except they don't support video so you can't watch videos from your iPhone on your COMAND display.
Hi Jimmy, that's a bummer because I also bought a video-in-motion adaptor for the COMAND. Until there is a workaround for the iPhone, that limits me to the 5disc COMAND carousel and I have a large video library on the phone

Congrats on the wedding! Your stable of "rides and brides" is impressive

My best
Old 12-08-2012, 03:41 PM

2013 G 63 AMG
Thanks for the wishes...it's a lot of newness all at once!

I'm also getting a video-in-motion module installed on Monday, but that's for the FLIR PathFindIR thermal camera I plan to install post honeymoon. This time of year we get a lot of unstable weather including fog and sand storms, and with the higher placement of the COMAND display a thermal camera will be handy.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:50 PM

2013 G63

I'm also getting a video-in-motion module installed on Monday, but that's for the FLIR PathFindIR thermal camera I plan to install post honeymoon. This time of year we get a lot of unstable weather including fog and sand storms, and with the higher placement of the COMAND display a thermal camera will be handy.
That's awesome and entirely useful for your locale. Would love to see a video of the thermal cam in action!

Happy holidays
Old 12-08-2012, 05:28 PM

wheels
Originally Posted by G63DCC
That's awesome and entirely useful for your locale. Would love to see a video of the thermal cam in action!

Happy holidays
Me too !
Old 12-08-2012, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
@G63DCC if you really have to watch video through the Command, you can still use an older iDevice with the 30 pin connector. Many of us have these paperweights laying around the house whenever we upgrade.

@jimmyg I'd love to hear your comments after you install the FLIR, I was looking into it for my car but want a little more feedback first.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:53 PM

2013 G63
Originally Posted by xxGenericSNxx
@G63DCC if you really have to watch video through the Command, you can still use an older iDevice with the 30 pin connector. Many of us have these paperweights laying around the house whenever we upgrade.

@jimmyg I'd love to hear your comments after you install the FLIR, I was looking into it for my car but want a little more feedback first.
@xxGenericSNxx, "I" don't have to watch video but my kids do and I don't have an older device. But good to know because my wife is getting a G550 and still uses a 4s IPhone. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:23 PM

G63, Aston Martin V12 Vantage, RS5, Hummer H2, Porsche Cajenne

Will the FLIR PathFindIR thermal camera show on the MB stock screen?!

thanks