Sponsored by:

Matte Black G63 on ADV1 Wheels - All Terrains

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 Performance Package - Steel Grey/Sahara Biege
Originally Posted by Amiricanmade
Beautiful car. I see you've owned the car for some time now and i wanted to get your opinion on the paint. How are you liking the matte paint? How is the condition after owning it for some time now? I'm pulling the trigger soon on a black G63 but not sure if i wanna do the mango black paint or not. Main reason being i think it'll be a pain to upkeep and another being the resale value. I think selling a matte car will be mina hard
Great question, I had the exact same concerns. I think my dealer put it best. If you take care of your vehicles, it's really no different. I am very, very particular, so it is really no different for me. I can say in general the G is difficult to wash (regardless of paint); getting to the roof, in and around the bull bar/spare tire and the gutters on the vehicle are horrible. The flat windshield attracts bugs like moths to a flame. But I love the truck.

All that said, it's a military vehicle converted for civilian use and IMO belongs in that military-looking matte black.

As far as resale, because of that last line, I think the matte black will actually be good for resale. It seems there's quite a bit of demand for it.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:17 PM

m6, g500, g63
I dont suppose these fit on the stock AMG rims for the G63? (their site says they don't fit, however there is a similar size to stock tires
Old 03-17-2014, 06:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLS63 AMG
Such a good looking G63!
Old 03-18-2014, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK550
Originally Posted by clktoc63
Great question, I had the exact same concerns. I think my dealer put it best. If you take care of your vehicles, it's really no different. I am very, very particular, so it is really no different for me. I can say in general the G is difficult to wash (regardless of paint); getting to the roof, in and around the bull bar/spare tire and the gutters on the vehicle are horrible. The flat windshield attracts bugs like moths to a flame. But I love the truck.

All that said, it's a military vehicle converted for civilian use and IMO belongs in that military-looking matte black.

As far as resale, because of that last line, I think the matte black will actually be good for resale. It seems there's quite a bit of demand for it.
Thanks for the great response. Pretty sure i'll do the mango matte when i'm ready, it looks amazing and really makes the car stand out more than it already does. Love your truck!
Old 03-23-2014, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Amiricanmade
Thanks for the great response. Pretty sure i'll do the mango matte when i'm ready, it looks amazing and really makes the car stand out more than it already does. Love your truck!
My pleasure, I'm sure you'll love it...and thanks for the compliment.

Insertfancyuser, I did see a few different sizes for the Terra Grappler on Nitto's website. I think there would be a size that would fit the stocker. That said, you'd probably want a slightly wider version then the stock size so it looks correct on the wheel and that's where it could get tricky. Not sure how wide you can go on the stock wheel size/offset without issues.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
14'G63 AMG ,1994 Mercedes E500, 2020 Range Rover HST
I always thought yours was warped in mate black vinyl. Guess I was wrong.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I know it's an old thread but maybe you remember what lug bolts you used with the ADV wheels. Did they use the stock bolt or you had to get a shorter one. I'm here trying to install the wheels and the original bolt is too long. Please help ASAP!!!
(Been awhile since I logged in...)

Sounds great, please post some pics of the set-up once you have it. I look forward to checking it out. Are you going with a Nitto Terra Grappler or something else?

Per the other question about the chrome brush guard, I had planned to paint or wrap it, but I went with the exposed hardware on the wheels and although I don't particularly care for chrome it ties in nice with the wheels.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 G55k
A bit late to the party but wanted to comment on how good that setup looks! Great combo!
Old 08-04-2014, 08:33 AM

Thanks for the comments! Appreciated!

@Hubert, I haven't logged in here in some time, but I do have your answer. The lug bolts were a major issue/panic for me as well. It took some time to sort out.

I went with the following: Gorilla Automotive 18020 Lug Nut. They only had chrome which I didn't want, so I bought plastic caps too. When the lugs arrived, I thought the chrome actually looked good given the exposed hardware on the wheel so I kept it as is (no plastic covers).

Good luck!

Last edited by clktoc63; 08-04-2014 at 08:34 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-06-2014, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thank You so much. I actually ordered the mcguard bolt set that has the heads black but they are 35.6mm and the bolt is a two piece type. But now that you told me that the gorilla bolts are a sure fit for the wheels so that's what I ordered with their lock set in same size. As you said the chrome will actually work/look great with rest of the polished hardware on the wheels. Had the lug bolts over nighted to me so should be installing them tomorrow thank You again
Who did you get your wheels thru? FABSPEED?
Thanks for the comments! Appreciated!

@Hubert, I haven't logged in here in some time, but I do have your answer. The lug bolts were a major issue/panic for me as well. It took some time to sort out.

I went with the following: Gorilla Automotive 18020 Lug Nut. They only had chrome which I didn't want, so I bought plastic caps too. When the lugs arrived, I thought the chrome actually looked good given the exposed hardware on the wheel so I kept it as is (no plastic covers).

Good luck!
Old 08-06-2014, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by hubert
Thank You so much. I actually ordered the mcguard bolt set that has the heads black but they are 35.6mm and the bolt is a two piece type. But now that you told me that the gorilla bolts are a sure fit for the wheels so that's what I ordered with their lock set in same size. As you said the chrome will actually work/look great with rest of the polished hardware on the wheels. Had the lug bolts over nighted to me so should be installing them tomorrow thank You again
Who did you get your wheels thru? FABSPEED?
Great to see you're getting sorted out! I didn't go through FABSPEED, I had previous business with ADV1 and a personal connection there that helped me. Great group of folks/customer service.

Good luck with the finishing the project and I'm glad to see you're making progress! Pics PLEASE!
Old 09-13-2014, 08:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Silver CLS550, Blk M45, Lexus GX470 & an endless fleet of Avis Premium Rental Cars
My favorite G & rim/tire setup!
Old 06-21-2019, 09:11 PM

G55
Thank you, much appreciated!

They are 20x10 ADV6mv2 wheels. We went with 20x10's on all four corners. Given the all terrain tire, I was surprised how little the ride actually changed and it's getting tons of compliments on its tougher look.

Granted I have never tried to push this truck through the corners and never intend to try to find the speed limiter...intentionally.
Looking at getting a set myself. Can I ask - what offset did you order? I like the "wide stance / filled guards look"!

Also, has anyone ever seen the same wheels in the polished silver finish? I'm pretty keen on black but would be good to know - I have a black G55 with lots of chrome highlights.

Thanks, Gavin