Sponsored by:

2013 G63 owner/nightmare/problems issues/long thread/please read

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 09:19 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
1955 300SL
Originally Posted by Surge
The G is not actually bult by Mercedes... I wonder if this has anything to do with the hit or miss reliability. Probably.

The other take-away is that any kinds of mods put you at risk of issues.

I would never mod a car unless it's out of warranty.

(I spent 15 years as an automotive engineer working in Japan and the U.S., for Toyota, and others.). No one can match Toyota for reliability, but then their cars are boring to drive, not well designed aesthetically, and the head office Serivce is terrible (and this is for lexus).

So the last take-away is the risk of problems with the G is the price to pay for how impressive it is!
quote:
No one can match Toyota for reliability
My good friend passed away driving a Toyota prius because the steering locked during a turn and was hit by incoming traffic. Toyota's are unreliable and there were plenty more incidents similar.. recalls from Toyota for millions of cars.. etc etc..

The G is not actually bult by Mercedes
Where is your supporting evidence for this?
Old 10-23-2014, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 401 Likes on 279 Posts
W463 G550 / C190 GTC //prev: W204 C63 507 / R170
The G wagon is built by Magna. While Magna has a good reputation as a parts fabricator, their reputation as a contract assembler is mixed.

Quote:
As has been the case since 1979, G-Class assembly occurs within the confines of the Magna Steyr plant in Graz, Austria. Save for axles, engines, and transmissions, everything -- including chassis assembly, body construction, and so on -- is performed by hand.

Read more: http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...#ixzz3H1R2cHbE
Follow us: @AutomobileMag on Twitter | AutomobileMag on Facebook

Additionally, "hand built" is actually not a good thing. It's great for PR, and cool that the AMG engines are built by one person, but it doesn't correlate to better reliability…actually, the opposite is true.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
14'G63 AMG ,1994 Mercedes E500, 2020 Range Rover HST
Another minus to the new 2014 truck!!!! The left side headlight ballast went. Thought it was a bulb but dealer changed and it did not work so they ordered the ballast. When it came they installed it and headlight worked again.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 G63 AMG
2013 g63 amg

Hello Sr. my name is Marcio and I have a 2013 g63amg that is giving me a lot of electrical problems...the biggest one is that the battery dies every other week... even if I place a new battery on it.
I took many times to a dealership and they can't find the reason for the problems.
Did you fix it yours? Did yours has a similar problems?

I need direction on what to do.
I appreciate your help,

Marcio (prmarcio )
prmarcio@hotmail.com
Old 11-08-2016, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Mercedes s550 Sport
2013 G63 AMG BUTTONS HEATED SEATS,EMERGENCY, ECO,TRACTION

HI EVERYONE , BOUGHT A 2013 G63 AND NOW HAVING AN ISSUE WITH HEATED COOLED SEATS , EMERGENCY , ECO , TRACTION BUTTONS ARE NOT WORKING AT ALL . THE WHOLE DASH BOARD IS WORKING EXCEPT THAT ONE LINE , I CHECKED ALL THE FUSES AND EVEN GOT THE SAME PART FROM MY FRIENDS G63 AND INSTALLED IT THINKING THAT IT COULD BE THE BUTTONS OR THE SYSTEM NOT WORKING . ANY IDEA OR HELP , IM THINKING THAT IT COULD BE SOME KIND OF RELAY ???
Attached Thumbnails 2013 G63 owner/nightmare/problems issues/long thread/please read-download.jpg