New member looking for your opinion on G55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBs
Looking for your opinion on G55 purchase

Hi everyone -

After driving my friend's G55 over the years, I decided to buy my own. I think I found the right one but I am a little concerned with some of the carfax notifications.

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...YC7BF4BX188160

- Engine/powertrain computer/module checked (3 times since delivery).
- Engine checked (2 times since delivery).
- Body electrical system checked (2 times since delivery).

What do you guys think? I'd appreciate your input. Thank you.

- Harry

Last edited by HG-class; 03-05-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:50 PM

Received 135 Likes on 111 Posts
993 TT
Assume this is the car since the VIN matches.

Seems like a good vehicle and not a bad start price although I would think there would be a little room. New G63s are at $135 so that is a fair bit of depreciation. Dealer just offered my 78k on my 2010 G55.

These cars are decent daily drivers but they are finicky and I pretty much count / budget 2-3 days a year of down time. And am thinking of buying the extended warranty for 5k for 3 years. Those service marks on the 2011 are no big deal from my point of view.

Good luck.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:39 PM

2009 Mercedes Benz G55 AMG
Originally Posted by HG-class
Hi everyone -

After driving my friend's G55 over the years, I decided to buy my own. I think I found the right one but I am a little concerned with some of the carfax notifications.

- Harry
I am selling my 2009 G55 AMG at COPART with 63,000 miles. Black exterior / rare brown interior. Clean title!! One owner!

The link for copart : http://www.copart.com/c2/homeSearch.html?_eventId=getLot&execution=e1s1&lot Id=16474724&returnPage=SEARCH_RESULTS
Old 03-07-2014, 10:57 AM

MBs
Originally Posted by drew138
Assume this is the car since the VIN matches.

Seems like a good vehicle and not a bad start price although I would think there would be a little room. New G63s are at $135 so that is a fair bit of depreciation. Dealer just offered my 78k on my 2010 G55.

These cars are decent daily drivers but they are finicky and I pretty much count / budget 2-3 days a year of down time. And am thinking of buying the extended warranty for 5k for 3 years. Those service marks on the 2011 are no big deal from my point of view.

Good luck.
Thanks for your input Drew.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:40 PM

Received 135 Likes on 111 Posts
993 TT
Thanks for your input Drew.
No problem. MBW killed the link to the car that I found but it looked good to me. FWIW I've decided to not purchase the warranty. 5k goes a long way towards fixes and I'm not expecting much to go wrong. Plus there is a nice independent shop here in the bay area I found that deals almost exclusively with G wagens.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:42 PM

G63AMG
Hi everyone -

- Harry
To be honest G55 isn't that good at all, I mean it was an amazing car before G63/65 appeared on the scene. I am currently driving G63, and drove g55 before, and difference is significant, first thing that you start to realise is that g55 brakes, don't do their job at all, also interior isn't that good anymore, I mean some people prefer g55 because of the love to compressor engines and claim that the sound of g55 exhaust is much deeper and more sophisticating, on that one I cannot argue. Sound of g55 is better than that of g63, but the difference isn't that significant and most of the people won't really notice tbh. However its you who gonna drive the car, so the last decision is yours. But my opinion is that I would rather add some money and would've bought g63 if I were you. Hope it helps)