2011 G55 Brake Discs/Rotors (and Pads)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 G55 AMG
2011 G55 Brake Discs/Rotors (and Pads)

Hi All,

New to this forum but not new to forums. I stumbled across it when trying to source the brake parts so hello all!

I do think it is a bit of poor form asking for assistance on the first post but hey, here goes....

Having taken my G55 to the garage for a service it appears that I need replacement discs/rotors all around. I didn't think this was an issue until I found out how difficult these parts are to source. (Mercedes Dealership refuses to help due them not supplying the vehicle - surely that is against MB franchise rules but I'll save that rant for another topic).

Given that there a plenty of owners on this forum has anybody managed to independently source either OEM parts or high quality aftermarket parts when you have needed to replace the brake discs? I am not wanting to go the cheapest route (quality is the key) but given that I am going to go to a independent garage anyway I may as well source the parts myself at a good price and also trust what is in the box!!

There are a few on-line suppliers, mainly from the US but I'm not 100% convinced of the brands/sizes proposed when you type in your vehicle in their on-line catalogues.

Was disappointed to receive an email from EBC saying that they do not have the correct sized discs in their stock list for the G55. Shame as they are reliable manufacturer.

So any tips and tricks welcome - ultimately I will ship the parts if we manage to source them. I sill may stick with EBC yellowstuff pads to compliment the new discs when fitted.

Looks like all is standard on the 'G' - 19in Wheels, ventilated discs front and rear (wavy slotted pattern?) although I'm not sure of the correct sizes front and rear.

So all info gratefully received and it is good to know there are other like-minded G55 owners out there. We are a rare breed!!
Old 07-01-2014, 05:00 PM

Received 135 Likes on 111 Posts
993 TT
I was surprised to find my 2010 G55 in need of all new brakes and rotors last year after only 19k. Called around to a few independent shops and there wasn't a significant amount of discount to be had vis a vis the dealer. Not sure where they were getting parts.

Check out fourbyfourclub dot com
Old 07-01-2014, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 G55 AMG
Originally Posted by drew138
I was surprised to find my 2010 G55 in need of all new brakes and rotors last year after only 19k. Called around to a few independent shops and there wasn't a significant amount of discount to be had vis a vis the dealer. Not sure where they were getting parts.

Check out fourbyfourclub dot com
Hi Drew. Many thanks for that lead, it looks promising!!