Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL
what tires did you use?
Old 01-26-2015, 04:54 PM

e63
Originally Posted by ethansun
what tires did you use?
These are the stock tires Yokohamas they are horrible just put a set of Pirelli scorpions on.
I'll see how they work out after this blizzard is over
Old 01-26-2015, 05:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Are stock tires summer tires??
Old 01-26-2015, 05:34 PM

e63
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
Are stock tires summer tires??
As crazy as it sounds they are didn't realize that until I hit some snow
According to tire rack there's not many options at this time
Old 01-26-2015, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Euro Cars Only
Can't expect an SUV to perform well with summer tires on. They are the determining factor!!!
Old 01-26-2015, 05:45 PM

W212 E350, 2013 Boss 302, 2014 Jetta TDI
and with those size amg brakes i dont think you can down size to a oem wheel and run a good off road tire either

post pic of the truck lol!
Old 01-27-2015, 12:18 AM

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by ANTHONY22
As crazy as it sounds they are didn't realize that until I hit some snow
According to tire rack there's not many options at this time
I live in CO. I drive from Denver to Vail almost every weekend. The G63 is an absolute beast in the snow. There are plenty of snow tire options for the stock rims.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:03 AM

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts
2012 C63BS 2009 Ferrari 16M 2016 Cayenne turbo S 2019 G63
My 2014 G63 has Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow. Perfect in the snow. Superb traction
Old 01-27-2015, 11:12 AM

G's + 190
I hate these alarmist threads, the ones that start like this one... "My world-class four-wheel-drive is terrible in the snow"...

... when in all reality, it should start either like this "My car has summer tires on it, so I have no business driving in the snow"....

Or like this... "I am a hazard to the general public because I am driving a 6,000lb truck around on tires that turn into black ice rings in the snow".

With a brand new AMG G-class, I would think that you would know better than that.

My G500 is a beast on all surfaces, in all weather, because it wears all-terrain tires with a severe snow rating.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E 250cdi 4matic '13
Originally Posted by Max Thrust
I hate these alarmist threads, the ones that start like this one... "My world-class four-wheel-drive is terrible in the snow"...

... when in all reality, it should start either like this "My car has summer tires on it, so I have no business driving in the snow"....

Or like this... "I am a hazard to the general public because I am driving a 6,000lb truck around on tires that turn into black ice rings in the snow".

With a brand new AMG G-class, I would think that you would know better than that.

My G500 is a beast on all surfaces, in all weather, because it wears all-terrain tires with a severe snow rating.
Couldn't say it better! Can't believe you didn't look at your tires before exiting the garage with snow on the street...that G truck is a heavy beast and could be dangerous while braking...come on,buy 4 snow tires and you won't be dissappointed.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:29 PM

e63

ok calm down didn't mean to alarm you. i should have been more clear just trying to speak honestly about how the truck came from the dealership.
to me its crazy to sell a truck like this with out a all season tire to begin with.
not my first G so i am very aware of the capability of the truck
yes its my fault for not checking the tires but don't jump on people who ask a question about there truck. there is not that much action here just trying to get something going here
Old 01-27-2015, 03:34 PM

e63
Originally Posted by RAKLAW
My 2014 G63 has Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow. Perfect in the snow. Superb traction
this is a dedicated snow tire correct ?
i had pirelli scorpion all season tires on my the G55 and they were great in the snow. i really just want one set of tires
Old 01-27-2015, 05:24 PM

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts
2012 C63BS 2009 Ferrari 16M 2016 Cayenne turbo S 2019 G63
this is a dedicated snow tire correct ?
i had pirelli scorpion all season tires on my the G55 and they were great in the snow. i really just want one set of tires
Yes it's a dedicated snow . IMHO much better traction than an all season.
Since this is not a vehicle that really needs hi perf summer tires I leave them on all year irrespective of wear since I have other summer nice weather vehicles and really only drive on weekends. Commute to nyc via RR
Old 01-27-2015, 05:54 PM

G's + 190
ok calm down didn't mean to alarm you. i should have been more clear just trying to speak honestly about how the truck came from the dealership.
to me its crazy to sell a truck like this with out a all season tire to begin with.
yes its my fault for not checking the tires but don't jump on people who ask a question about there truck. there is not that much action here just trying to get something going here
I love how you can say it's crazy to sell a truck like this without an all season tire to begin with... knowing that you bought an AMG.

You should know that tires are the basis of all automobile performance. Having grippy summer tires allows Mercedes to publicize top-tier performance numbers for the G63, such as acceleration, braking distance, skidpad, slalom, etc. If the truck is sold with all-season tires installed, all of those performance metrics will decrease and the truck will look less impressive on paper vs the competition.

Then of course, someone will go too fast around a corner, skid into a tree and total the truck, then complain that the G63 is an AMG performance vehicle that should be sold with performance tires and not all-season's.....

Or, you could accept responsibility for yourself as an adult - look at the vehicle you're about to drive before you drive it, and decide if it's ready for the conditions it's about to encounter.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:35 PM

e63
Originally Posted by RAKLAW
Yes it's a dedicated snow . IMHO much better traction than an all season.
Since this is not a vehicle that really needs hi perf summer tires I leave them on all year irrespective of wear since I have other summer nice weather vehicles and really only drive on weekends. Commute to nyc via RR
that's interesting i thought snows would get chewed up rather quickly once it got warm out.
i am a fan of your nice weather cars very well put together.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Euro Cars Only
I love how you can say it's crazy to sell a truck like this without an all season tire to begin with... knowing that you bought an AMG.

You should know that tires are the basis of all automobile performance. Having grippy summer tires allows Mercedes to publicize top-tier performance numbers for the G63, such as acceleration, braking distance, skidpad, slalom, etc. If the truck is sold with all-season tires installed, all of those performance metrics will decrease and the truck will look less impressive on paper vs the competition.

Then of course, someone will go too fast around a corner, skid into a tree and total the truck, then complain that the G63 is an AMG performance vehicle that should be sold with performance tires and not all-season's.....

Or, you could accept responsibility for yourself as an adult - look at the vehicle you're about to drive before you drive it, and decide if it's ready for the conditions it's about to encounter.
Max is tearing the OP a new one!!m

In all fainess he is right, a little harsh but right.

It's nice to see some interaction in the 463 section. Keep it up guys
Old 01-29-2015, 04:35 PM

e63
Originally Posted by elijah
Max is tearing the OP a new one!!m

In all fainess he is right, a little harsh but right.

It's nice to see some interaction in the 463 section. Keep it up guys
Ok here's Max tearing me a new one.Fu@k you and max
Out.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:27 PM

G's + 190
Out.
Weak sauce.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:24 AM

2011 G55 AMG
Shame to lose a new guy but it has been more interesting that the usual slew of advertisers here.......
Old 01-30-2015, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Euro Cars Only
Out.
Cheers bro!!
Old 02-02-2015, 02:59 PM

many
It's all about grip, not what you drive.

Last edited by Tron-G; 02-02-2015 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:30 PM

many
It's all about grip. Not what you drive.

"not my first G"

Which other G have you had? AMG G-class always came with Summer tires.

Last edited by Tron-G; 02-02-2015 at 10:33 PM.