LED light replacement for G55 original bulbs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 04:58 PM
RB1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Various
LED light replacement for G55 original bulbs

Has anyone replaced the original bulbs throughout the inside and outside of a G55 (2009...or other year) with LED's? I tried to replace the interior dome, middle, cargo, etc. lights with LED white plasma lights but they didn't work (front worked but others didn't at all). The only lights I had success replacing were the rear back-up and fog lights, which use the same bulb.

I'd like to replace the license plate, bottom of doors, bottom of side mirrors and all interior lights (domes, cargo, map, reading, etc.) with white LED's.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks-
Rodger
Old 02-06-2015, 12:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
e55
I just did mines tonight. There is a fuse on the driver side dashboard behind the driver door when it's closed.
I believe fuse #23 blew on mines, replaced it and they worked good after. Make sure you get canbus LED's or they will flicker or not work at all.
Close the doors, lock, wait 2-3 minutes and open up the car again.
Also, you gotta make sure the LED's are in the right way.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:22 PM
RB1

Various
Nice, glad you got them to work...thanks for the quick reply.

Did you replace all of the lights (in/out) or just some of them? Can you please let me know exactly which bulbs you got (and for which lights) and where you got them?

For that fuse, was it already blown or did the new lights somehow cause it to blow? All of my regular bulbs work fine right now, but when I put some of the LED's in they just don't work...and the old bulbs work fine when I put them back in.

Thanks.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
e55
I replaced all the interior bulbs and the license plate ones.
You have to get CANBUS bulbs. Or they won't work.
The fuse blew after I tried to put one of the foot area ones in. So I replaced the fuse and continued. LED bulbs matter which way you put them in. If it doesn't work try to flip it around and try.
The front map/dome, the visor, and the rear trunk overhead lights worked immediately and never stopped working.
The foot well lights and the rear dome lights are a little tricky to get to work. If the door(s) are open too long they automatically shut off so you won't see them on. You have to shut all the doors, lock the car....wait for a couple minutes and unlock it again.
The important things are make sure the fuse is good, you have CANBUS bulbs, and the bulbs are in the right way.

I don't remember the exact bulb numbers I got so I just took stock bulbs out and went to my local shop and they matched them and have me LED ones.

Originally Posted by RB1
Nice, glad you got them to work...thanks for the quick reply.

Did you replace all of the lights (in/out) or just some of them? Can you please let me know exactly which bulbs you got (and for which lights) and where you got them?

For that fuse, was it already blown or did the new lights somehow cause it to blow? All of my regular bulbs work fine right now, but when I put some of the LED's in they just don't work...and the old bulbs work fine when I put them back in.

Thanks.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:55 AM
RB1

Various
Thanks...I was able to replace the map lights with CANBUS bulbs and they worked great, will start on the rest of the lights soon...