Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 07:43 PM
3WD
SPONSOR

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Car
Hello,

Here's an article regarding the BRABUS ride control. If comfort is an draw back on purchasing the 2016 G63, hopefully this article will change your mind

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/br...sse-22463.html

If you need a quote, please let us know...Thank you!
Old 12-19-2015, 10:25 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
G63,GT
3WD - Isn't the ride control pointless on the 63? Does it make a difference since the newer models have the comfort/sport button? I didn't have it on my 2009 and the shocks seem softer in the 2015 in comfort. If you know differently, let me know.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:22 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2016 G63 AMG
I have been drooling over getting a G63 since I saw a matte gray one in the delivery bay when taking delivery of my E63 S model in 2013. I almost canceled my new E in 2013 to get one but ended up not doing it.

I actually just ordered a matte black 2016 yesterday for June delivery and I cannot wait! I have driven a few used ones in the past year, and as some others have mentioned, these hold their value incredibly well, I couldnt find exactly what I wanted used, and didnt feel the price differential was enough to settle, so I ordered new.

I think alot of people buy these as a toy, realize its not an RR and they sell it. There are so many artciles comparing this vehicle to an RR and its nothing like it. I have always loved the G since 2002 and always wanted one. I think the impulse buyers are the ones that sell, and of course the owners that have the funds to where they change cars all the time.

Personally, I cannot wait to get mine!!
Old 02-06-2016, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G65, S65, Rolls Royce Dawn, Porsche 918 Spyder
I have a 2015 G63 in matte black with black rims. The G wagon is my absolute favorite car of all time. I have driven my G63 to my house in Southampton, NY to from my house in North NJ and I have no problem with the ride. I find it to be a car that you love or you hate. I think I will be going for the G65, I just don't think I have the room for a 6x6. The G63 is just an amazing car, I do not see how you can go wrong.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:23 PM

2016 G63 AMG
Originally Posted by Harney
I have a 2015 G63 in matte black with black rims. The G wagon is my absolute favorite car of all time. I have driven my G63 to my house in Southampton, NY to from my house in North NJ and I have no problem with the ride. I find it to be a car that you love or you hate. I think I will be going for the G65, I just don't think I have the room for a 6x6. The G63 is just an amazing car, I do not see how you can go wrong.
Nice. I have a feeling I will feel the same way about mine when it arrives. Its a good thing the 6x6 isnt in my price range or I would be ordering one of those!

That car is just bad a$$. A local indy dealer here in Tampa somehow had one in their inventory and I was able to check it out, really amazing vehicle. I think the 900k price tag is a bit absurd but still super cool truck.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
13 G63/ 15 Huracan
Originally Posted by xcfisher
3WD - Isn't the ride control pointless on the 63? Does it make a difference since the newer models have the comfort/sport button? I didn't have it on my 2009 and the shocks seem softer in the 2015 in comfort. If you know differently, let me know.
Im not sure what you meant by the ride quality difference in comfort vs sport. My understanding is that the comfort vs sport is purely transmission mapping?
Old 07-19-2016, 07:37 AM

2016 G63 AMG
Originally Posted by jyupitt
Im not sure what you meant by the ride quality difference in comfort vs sport. My understanding is that the comfort vs sport is purely transmission mapping?
Correct. Does not change the stiffness of the suspension it does change the exhaust note and transmission mapping
Old 07-19-2016, 07:40 AM

13 G63/ 15 Huracan
Originally Posted by JJCTHE1
Correct. Does not change the stiffness of the suspension it does change the exhaust note and transmission mapping
Didn't know it changes the exhaust note, don't think the exhausts are valved?
Old 07-19-2016, 07:42 AM

2016 G63 AMG
Originally Posted by jyupitt
Didn't know it changes the exhaust note, don't think the exhausts are valved?
My 16 is definitely louder in sport. I can hear the change when I hit the button in a parking garage etc w the windows down.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:48 AM

13 G63/ 15 Huracan
Originally Posted by JJCTHE1
My 16 is definitely louder in sport. I can hear the change when I hit the button in a parking garage etc w the windows down.
Wonder if it has to do engine mapping and cold start so the difference is amplified. I didn't notice a big difference when the car warm.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:51 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
G63,GT
Can anybody say 100% this is true? Dealer told me in C the suspension was softer, and my experience tends to agree. Unless im crazy, the truck has less body roll and is more jarring over bumps in S.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
n/a
In sport it is louder for sure. Never noticed any difference in ride though. It's faster also :-)
Old 07-21-2016, 08:15 PM

2016 G63 AMG
Originally Posted by xcfisher
Can anybody say 100% this is true? Dealer told me in C the suspension was softer, and my experience tends to agree. Unless im crazy, the truck has less body roll and is more jarring over bumps in S.
Yes it's true. The only g that has suspension adjust is the 550. For the exhaust just drive it roll the window down give it throttle and hit the c/s button you will hear the pitch change. Done.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:24 PM
AG6

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
13 GL550
Ive had the G55 and G550. The AMG was a bit less comfortable than the 550, neither were S Class comfort. As a fun weekend ride it will work, as daily driver I would stray away.

One thing to watch out is the height. I scuffed up the roof once myself getting into a garage and second from valet driver parking in a public parking lot with low clearance.

Other than that, its a great ride that commands attention.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:39 AM

Received 81 Likes on 65 Posts
Mercedes G63
Originally Posted by nycc4s
I hate to bash the truck and hurt my resale, but the buyer should beware. My 2014 is coming up on a 1 year anniversary and 5K miles

Looks - cool as sh-t. I get more looks and comments than I ever got with any of my Porsches, Rovers, etc.

Inside styling and functionality - great, but not nearly as nice or functional as Range Rover. Complicated command system, and stupid screen that looks ridiculous plopped on top of the dash. Vinyl door panels seem cheap compared to even MB other SUVs let alone the competition.

Comfort - not at all. One would think for all that money, with the fancy upgraded seats that they would be comfortable. They are not. If you are taller (anything over 5 10 I would say), then you may have an issue with leg room, and the ability to get the seat to support your thighs. After an hour or so in the car you start fidgeting trying desperately to find a position that won't leave you suffering later in the day. My wife, who is tiny seams to have no issue though. I can't quite figure out why with all the room inside the truck that you can't put the seat back further.

Now here is the annoying part - CONSTANT electronically issues. intermittent blinker bulbs not functioning. warning message on dash. Goes away when you turn off ignition and restart. After dealer insisted it was just bad bulbs, finally got them to admit 2 months ago it was a programming issue, but MB hadn't come out with a fix yet. Intermittent "ESP Failure" messages. Again, turn off/on and error goes away. Car is at the dealer now supposedly they have the software update to resolve both these issues.

MBRACE - useless garbage, but failed, and needed to be replaced (don't waste your time, a 2400 baud dial up modem was faster 25 years ago). SatNav - Failed and has to be replaced.

So I ask you, for $150K, should anyone have to put up with this? I am just fortunate enough that I don't need the car on a daily basis.
I am 6 foot and love the unit enough to buy a G63. Its in build now. But the one thing I hated as well was the drivers seat not going back enough. I bought some seat extenders on 4x4. They are made in Germany and will let the drivers seat got back 1.57 inches if I remember right. Being scrunched up tight its harder to get your foot on the brake fast if you need too. The extenders I was told take 20 mins to install and require no seat removal he said.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:10 PM

Received 81 Likes on 65 Posts
Mercedes G63
Originally Posted by 2015G63
Hi

I have 2015 G63 and driven the truck only 1800miles. I am very disappointed about the paint issues I am having. The paint at the seam below the windshield started to crack, and I have also noticed the paint started to crack at the seams near the rear side windows. It seems like this is a common issue on all the G Class. In fact, I have seen several G63s with paint defects at the seams. I reported this matter to my local dealership and awaiting their feedback now.

Has the Mercedes body shop or anyone you have talked to noticed this with other Gs? Hope they have it fixed. I wonder what kind of filler the use in that seam!