G55 AMG (W463) Discuss the G55 AMG.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 G55 AMG; anyone else ever had this issue?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 01:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 G55 AMG
Exclamation 2003 G55 AMG; anyone else ever had this issue?

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking out here for any former or current G55 owner's years 2003 and up about this unsolved issue I have before I send mine into the dealership to drain my wallet.

I'm sure you all have noticed the loud noise our engines make when the a/c is on or when it is in need of cooling down when you're parked and what not. Anyways, so my mine has stopped completely, the fan between the grill and radiator, aka auxiliary/radiator fan, i don't what you all call it, but I refer to it as the "aux. fan" for short.

Now for some reason it has stopped working therefor causing my a/c to not really work well and quickly turns into warm air and I have noticed that the idle (or when I am at a stop) position the temperature is closer to 100c whereas before it was closer to 80c which is where it should be at, at least when I drive.

I have not overheated knock on wood** however it is concerning to me.

I have so far taken it to my uncles shop, but he's not an expert on mercedes benz, however we discovered a code error on the diagnostic test which may be related to the issue, P2316*

Now I ran power to the fan and it ran perfectly, so I know its not the fan itself. Then I tested the relays, and no problems there. Now I am left with the possibility of two different sensors or the climate control unit. If it's the climate control unit I know I can switch that in a heart beat. But the sensors are not something I can do myself. Oh and I also recharged the a/c incase it wasn't detecting the pressure but that didn't help either.

Now is there anyone who's had this exact issue? I would love some insight from anyone who may have a solution, or had this issue.

Thanks for reading