G55 duovalve? where is it? AC problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g55
Question G55 duovalve? where is it? AC problem

hi,

My ac blows hot on the left side and cold on the right side.

I took the car to the dealer shop and they quoted me about 4500$.
They said it was a leak and they will change almost everything related to the ac.

then i took it to my friends garage they said it was the ac climate control issue for 1000$....

after searching i have found that people got the same problem and it was something doing with the duo valve.

I would like to know where is the duo valve? I wanna see if its damaged or something.

thank you for reading
Old 09-11-2015, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 G55 AMG
I have the a similar issue, however I can tell you if they are claiming it's the climate control unit, its easy to switch out as long as you can get you hands on a new unit which at the dealership cost $434, BUT what sucks is that if its not that and you buy the piece from the dealer, you can't return it. I'm in the midst of fixing that issue after I resolve my other problems first. Hope everything goes well for you.
Old 11-15-2020, 02:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
G55 2008
Originally Posted by S3eed77z
hi,

My ac blows hot on the left side and cold on the right side.

I took the car to the dealer shop and they quoted me about 4500$.
They said it was a leak and they will change almost everything related to the ac.

then i took it to my friends garage they said it was the ac climate control issue for 1000$....

after searching i have found that people got the same problem and it was something doing with the duo valve.

I would like to know where is the duo valve? I wanna see if its damaged or something.

thank you for reading
Sorry to pull out this old post, but, I’m struggling to find where is located the this component, and, what is the part number for G55 2008. While we can find a lot of info for C,E,S classe, I could not find any for the G.

thank you for your support