Help with some problems on my G63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63s
Help with some problems on my G63

Hi,
I have White G63 2014 with white interior.
I recently have noticed when i hit accelerator paddle it makes some whistling noise. As if some birds are chirping.
Also it slightly pulls right side, Is it because of road or common with G63?
As my dealer says its normal with G63 after spending 245$ on alignment

What would you guys suggest, should i exchange this with S63s Coupe or not? I like S Coupe but it doesn't give good feeling as G63 does.

Thanks
Adnan
Old 02-22-2016, 04:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
If it's not a pulley whistle than it could be your transmission torque converter---check the fluid level--if persists---see a Doctor!!
Old 02-22-2016, 11:05 PM

C63s
Originally Posted by Plutoe
If it's not a pulley whistle than it could be your transmission torque converter---check the fluid level--if persists---see a Doctor!!
thanks Plutoe

But what about pulling to right side?
is it normal?
Old 02-23-2016, 07:36 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Allowing for road conditions and if I am aligned correctly with respectable tires my car does not pull to either side--it goes in the direction I steer
Old 02-25-2016, 10:22 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2016 G63 AMG
Well if you have had the G for a while and it didnt do this before, then its not normal. The S Coupe is a totally different vehicle. Its amazing, my business partner just got one, very sleek and smooth car with a ton of tech in it, although not for me and a bunch of gadgets I would never use, its very cool. But it is not a G63 (that could be good or bad depending on what you prefer).

Do you have OEM tires on your G63? OEM Wheels or aftermarket?
Old 03-01-2016, 12:15 AM

C63s
Originally Posted by JJCTHE1
Well if you have had the G for a while and it didnt do this before, then its not normal. The S Coupe is a totally different vehicle. Its amazing, my business partner just got one, very sleek and smooth car with a ton of tech in it, although not for me and a bunch of gadgets I would never use, its very cool. But it is not a G63 (that could be good or bad depending on what you prefer).

Do you have OEM tires on your G63? OEM Wheels or aftermarket?
The Dealers says it normal. They have been doing alignment for 15 days (I wonder if they really did ) and they said its normal now, pulling right could be cause of road.

About S coupe, i am not satisfied after price tag. S63 is 870,000AED (236,000$) which i dont feel worth it (get ferrari or Porsche 911 Turbo S instead)
Old 07-18-2016, 06:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
13 G63/ 15 Huracan
Originally Posted by anticdesi
thanks Plutoe

But what about pulling to right side?
is it normal?

My 2013 g63 after dealer replaced 2 tires, balanced all tires and alignment, it pulls to the right slightly. Steering Wheel feels off centered at times and slightly tilted to the right as well. Its going back to the dealer on Monday.
Old 07-18-2016, 07:39 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
(For Sale 03 G55), 08 G55K, 99 C43, 04 E55, 05 E63, 91 BMW E30, 05 BMW M3, 05 Audi USP Avant
Originally Posted by jyupitt
My 2013 g63 after dealer replaced 2 tires, balanced all tires and alignment, it pulls to the right slightly. Steering Wheel feels off centered at times and slightly tilted to the right as well. Its going back to the dealer on Monday.

I had similar issues with my 04, not the same beast but the same problem and it drove me mad. I had it aligned at 4 different shops, had the frame laser checked all came in good standing.

Had the tie rods checked and they were fine too. Put 4 brand new tires on, road force balanced, problem still persisted. It wasn't off by much but enough to **** me off but im very very critical and like things perfect as can be - My issue was drifiting right under normal cruising speeds

How did i finaaaaalllyyyy fix it??

Had both diffs and transfer case flushed and filled. Took about 50/60 miles
and problem gone. Your issue sounds like what we may know of torque steer , not saying its that but the valving can be sticky with old fluid.

Get dealer fluid with the additive and have them do it and notate which gear oil they used so that you can always keep it consistent.

Hope that helps =)
Old 07-19-2016, 06:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
13 G63/ 15 Huracan
Originally Posted by MPOW33R
I had similar issues with my 04, not the same beast but the same problem and it drove me mad. I had it aligned at 4 different shops, had the frame laser checked all came in good standing.

Had the tie rods checked and they were fine too. Put 4 brand new tires on, road force balanced, problem still persisted. It wasn't off by much but enough to **** me off but im very very critical and like things perfect as can be - My issue was drifiting right under normal cruising speeds

How did i finaaaaalllyyyy fix it??

Had both diffs and transfer case flushed and filled. Took about 50/60 miles
and problem gone. Your issue sounds like what we may know of torque steer , not saying its that but the valving can be sticky with old fluid.

Get dealer fluid with the additive and have them do it and notate which gear oil they used so that you can always keep it consistent.

Hope that helps =)

Thanks for this, I have read from a another thread that it be might something else
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/g-cl...-they-all.html

Hopefully it doesn't become one of those "chronic" issues that is impossible to address.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:21 AM

C63s
Well i solved my problem by swaping G63 with C63s
I got really annoyed with mercedes garage. They could not fix the problem, it got worst, the stearing wheel start vibrating @ 120km/h
Old 07-31-2016, 06:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CLS55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Cayenne S
Originally Posted by anticdesi
Hi,
I have White G63 2014 with white interior.
I recently have noticed when i hit accelerator paddle it makes some whistling noise. As if some birds are chirping.
Also it slightly pulls right side, Is it because of road or common with G63?
As my dealer says its normal with G63 after spending 245$ on alignment

What would you guys suggest, should i exchange this with S63s Coupe or not? I like S Coupe but it doesn't give good feeling as G63 does.

Thanks
Adnan
I've noticed the same "chirping" sound when I mash the gas on my G55... please let us know if you find out what it is.
Old 07-31-2016, 07:07 PM

C63s
Originally Posted by Kelvin07
I've noticed the same "chirping" sound when I mash the gas on my G55... please let us know if you find out what it is.
I have shown chirping problem to delers and rest experts but no solution. As they care less about this problem.
Mine was not frequent chirp, but keeps bothering me when it does.
This car is very delicate to maintain.