Sponsored by:

AUX Battery Malfunction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 04:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB G63 & S63
Post AUX Battery Malfunction

I have a 2015 G63 and a message appeared on the dash indicating "AUX Battery & AAS Malfunction" - i read up and it appears this is common but finding the aux/consumer battery was the mission here. Apparently there is two batteries and the main battery operates when engine is on and aux/consumer battery is solely to power electronics while engine is off (on ECO mode).

I spent all day attempting to find the aux battery and finally found it below the main battery. The battery is located in the center of the car exactly below the feet of the middle passenger on the rear bench seats. I removed the battery and replaced it with on off Amazon (model number WP14B-4). The replacement battery is slimmer so i added a foam cushion between the bracket and the battery to ensure no movement.

The following users liked this post:
SABE786 (10-18-2021)
Old 07-08-2016, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 715 Likes on 696 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to W463 AMG forum...
Old 10-18-2021, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G63
AUX battery malfunction

Originally Posted by ea.guerrero
I have a 2015 G63 and a message appeared on the dash indicating "AUX Battery & AAS Malfunction" - i read up and it appears this is common but finding the aux/consumer battery was the mission here. Apparently there is two batteries and the main battery operates when engine is on and aux/consumer battery is solely to power electronics while engine is off (on ECO mode).

I spent all day attempting to find the aux battery and finally found it below the main battery. The battery is located in the center of the car exactly below the feet of the middle passenger on the rear bench seats. I removed the battery and replaced it with on off Amazon (model number WP14B-4). The replacement battery is slimmer so i added a foam cushion between the bracket and the battery to ensure no movement.

Hi did changing the AUX battery solve the issue?

As I have the exact same problem and I also have a 2015 G63.

I’ve taken it to the Mercedes dealer and they claimed that they replaced the auxiliary battery but I took a look and it seems that they have only replaced the 12v battery. The warnings did go away for a few days but then came back. I think they might have just cleared the error codes. Will appreciate any help. Thanks