Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

questions regarding 2003 potential G55 purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
questions regarding 2003 potential G55 purchase

Have several questions regarding my possible 2003 G55 purchase.
1. Any potential common problems encountered?
2. The one I plan to buy has 24" wheels, not my cup of tea, but owner said this set off the ABS light. I wonder if this is the case.
3. The owner also disclosed that it has bad oil sensor which needs replacement. He said that because of this faulty sensor, the car can just stop if it reads no oil. Big issue if that is the case or this may be related to something else more major?
4. It is a Canadian car so there are some minor rusts on the the under carriage.
Is it a good buy, it is priced around $45K?
Thanks guy
Old 10-28-2016, 12:00 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
(For Sale 03 G55), 08 G55K, 99 C43, 04 E55, 05 E63, 91 BMW E30, 05 BMW M3, 05 Audi USP Avant
Check Your Inbox
Old 10-28-2016, 07:13 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2016 G63 AMG
Originally Posted by evoddoc
2. The one I plan to buy has 24" wheels, not my cup of tea, but owner said this set off the ABS light. I wonder if this is the case.
3. The owner also disclosed that it has bad oil sensor which needs replacement. He said that because of this faulty sensor, the car can just stop if it reads no oil. Big issue if that is the case or this may be related to something else more major?
4. It is a Canadian car so there are some minor rusts on the the under carriage.
Thanks guy
you should pass and look for another G. Don't buy anything with wheels on it. You should start there. The other issues just sound like excuses. Who drives a car w those kinds of problems? Someone who doesn't take care of it. That's my opinion.
Old 10-29-2016, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 G55
Originally Posted by evoddoc
Thanks guy
1. Had my 04 for about a year and no issues other than window regulator. Cost about $800 for someone to do but can do in a 1-2 hr at $300 for the part.
2.Had 22" when I bought mine and seemed like riding on rock tires. Switch to 2011 19" wheels and rides smooth. Think should of just bought stock 18" since there are no AT tires for 19" wheels.
3. Like JJCTHE1 said, I would never buy a G or any other car that is not care for. Look for a garage queen. I've seen 200k mile G that look new, no issues, and we'll maintained.
4.I'm into muscle/classic cars and would say rust is the number 1 no no.
5. How many miles? If miles are high then price seemed steep.

Sound like you need to come to CA for a no rust G