General Discussion of Mercedes-Benz Classics Misc Discussion of the Classics, car spottings, museums etc.

W126,280SE,M110 no Satrt

Old 10-24-2014, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes 280SE
W126,280SE,M110 no Satrt

Good day Folks

I am new around here. Sadly I also have a problem. I have a W126, 280SE, M110. Recently we found that the Thread in one of the plug hole was damaged. This necessitated changing the cylinder head. I have another engine so we swapped the heads. We aligned the cam to its marks. Unfortunately we never marked the crank position. We first set it at 20 degrees BTDC, no start. 10 degrees and 0 degrees, still no start.Can anybody please extend his or her expert knowledge to guide us.

Thanks and kind regards

further information. Sorry i live in Namibia. The vehicle is a right\hand drive Country of origin South Africa

We have had some further developments. Firstly i must inform you that prior to the head change the vehicle ran smoothly. We found that if you attempt a start with the Fuel disconnected the engine runs until the fuel that is in the combustion chamber is depleted then obviously stops. Reconnect, engine floods, take of the fuel line, engine runs, stops.

With this extra information any chance of being assisted?

stay good