General Discussion of Mercedes-Benz Classics Misc Discussion of the Classics, car spottings, museums etc.

Terrible Experience with JG Francis Mercedes Motoring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 11:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
1980 500 SLC, 1991 560 SEL AMG, 1982 300 TD, 1985 300d Langversion 1970 300 SEL 6.3 2001 G500
Terrible Experience with JG Francis Mercedes Motoring

Hello all, new to this forum but a lifelong MBZ collector/fanatic.

I had a very poor experience with JG Francis of Mercedes Motoring that I felt I needed to share. He was interested in purchasing one of the cars in my collection. We had made a deal, he sent a deposit, and this is when things go south. JG set up a date and time to come by to finalize the deal. I cleared my very busy schedule to accommodate and awaited his arrival. I even arranged to have my good friend, who is a very well known classic Mercedes broker in the area, stop by to meet him. The last communication I received from him is that he was in a nearby town viewing another car, then was going to come by at a set time to finalize the transaction, and drive my car home. An hour late, and no communication. I tried calling, no answer (he never answers his phone BTW, all communication, if any, is by text and email). 2 weeks go by and he sends me a text with an excuse. Ok, I'm a patient guy and don't need to sell this car so I accept his excuse and expect to continue the deal. Well, this was now 3 months ago. I have had nothing but BS excuses and empty promises from this guy, ensuring me that things will be wrapped up in "the next few days". I will call and leave VM, text, and email all without any response, sometimes it was weeks before I received a simple response asking for an update of what is going on.

I am really surprised and disappointed at the same time. I was a huge fan of his work, the cars on his website are eye candy for sure, and I'm always excited to meet a fellow MB restorer, but this experience has left me completely perplexed to say the least. How does someone with such an absolute lack of basic business ethics and zero common courtesy get the vast attention that he has seemingly obtained. This is, without a doubt, the most unprofessional person I have ever dealt with. Has anyone else dealt with this guy? Is this normal, or am I just the unlucky bloke experiencing an anomaly? I read a review somewhere recently about a customer of his that purchased a coupe and was very disappointed in the whole experience.

Last edited by TzeGerman; 12-22-2016 at 05:40 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by TzeGerman:
500easy (01-30-2020), BLB1954 (07-02-2022)
Old 07-02-2022, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1984 300TD wagon
I also had less than positive dealings with Mercedes Motoring aka JG Francis

QUOTE=TzeGerman;7001615]Hello all, new to this forum but a lifelong MBZ collector/fanatic.

I had a very poor experience with JG Francis of Mercedes Motoring that I felt I needed to share. He was interested in purchasing one of the cars in my collection. We had made a deal, he sent a deposit, and this is when things go south. JG set up a date and time to come by to finalize the deal. I cleared my very busy schedule to accommodate and awaited his arrival. I even arranged to have my good friend, who is a very well known classic Mercedes broker in the area, stop by to meet him. The last communication I received from him is that he was in a nearby town viewing another car, then was going to come by at a set time to finalize the transaction, and drive my car home. An hour late, and no communication. I tried calling, no answer (he never answers his phone BTW, all communication, if any, is by text and email). 2 weeks go by and he sends me a text with an excuse. Ok, I'm a patient guy and don't need to sell this car so I accept his excuse and expect to continue the deal. Well, this was now 3 months ago. I have had nothing but BS excuses and empty promises from this guy, ensuring me that things will be wrapped up in "the next few days". I will call and leave VM, text, and email all without any response, sometimes it was weeks before I received a simple response asking for an update of what is going on.

I am really surprised and disappointed at the same time. I was a huge fan of his work, the cars on his website are eye candy for sure, and I'm always excited to meet a fellow MB restorer, but this experience has left me completely perplexed to say the least. How does someone with such an absolute lack of basic business ethics and zero common courtesy get the vast attention that he has seemingly obtained. This is, without a doubt, the most unprofessional person I have ever dealt with. Has anyone else dealt with this guy? Is this normal, or am I just the unlucky bloke experiencing an anomaly? I read a review somewhere recently about a customer of his that purchased a coupe and was very disappointed in the whole experience.[/QUOTE]

Old 11-23-2022, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes 280 SL
Originally Posted by BLB1954
QUOTE=TzeGerman;7001615]Hello all, new to this forum but a lifelong MBZ collector/fanatic.

I am really surprised and disappointed at the same time. I was a huge fan of his work, the cars on his website are eye candy for sure, and I'm always excited to meet a fellow MB restorer, but this experience has left me completely perplexed to say the least. How does someone with such an absolute lack of basic business ethics and zero common courtesy get the vast attention that he has seemingly obtained. This is, without a doubt, the most unprofessional person I have ever dealt with. Has anyone else dealt with this guy? Is this normal, or am I just the unlucky bloke experiencing an anomaly? I read a review somewhere recently about a customer of his that purchased a coupe and was very disappointed in the whole experience.
[/QUOTE]

Pretty much same experience I had with him. He agreed on a price and then ghosted me this past spring. Would never sell him anything and would never buy anything from him. Beyond rude ! I’m just confused how he’s been able to stay in business this long.