Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Don't buy from Tri-Star Imports in Saint Louis, MO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 06:31 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 Audi S4
Don't buy from Tri-Star Imports in Saint Louis, MO

Please be careful if you do business with this company. I purchased a preowned clk 430 from them. The car had remainder of warranty and came with additional star marked certified warranty. It started having problems with the rear suspension, so I took it in. They would work on it all week and give it back on Friday saying it was fixed. Every time I would drive it and take it right back in because they did nothing. They even managed to create a problem with the from of the suspension. This went on for two months, then when I thretened with lemon law, they had the corporate guy come out and fix the rear suspension problem. The front was still broke. When asking other people for advice on how to fix the car, they said it sounds like the car had been wrecked. When I bought the car they showed me a clean car fax. I talked to the sales manager who sold me the car, and he assured me that the car was fixed and the car had never been wrecked. After him telling me he was going to help me out for a few weeks, I decided to trade the car in and get a audi or bmw. While trying to trade it, both dealers told me it had been rear ended, and showed a car fax proving it. I decided to wash my handls of this car and of this dealer and bought an Audi for the time being. Long story short..... They sold me a wrecked mercedes certified car, lied about car fax, took months to fix a problem, and still did nothing to get me into another car or fix mine. Don't use or buy from this dealer!!
Old 09-03-2005, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W215 CL600
Sorry to hear about this. I have purchased several cars from them and have had no problems whatsoever (both new and used). Sounds like they totally gave you the run-a-round, I wouldn't deal with them either if I were you. They have been nothing but great for me through the years.

Did you take the carfax to them and show them it had been in an accident after you found out? Seems that they would almost have to take action at that point.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:09 PM

2014 C350
Worst Benz experience I've ever had. Just bought a brand new C350 and within a month and a half already had the panoramic room shatter (common issue with these cars, see link below). From the get go the service department was already accusing me of it being my fault, no apology, just "I'll have to check with the manager".

Luckily I had the shade up so the glass did not get inside the entire car. I did manage to cut my hand but at least I did not get a face full of glass while driving 60MPH on 270. The dealership seems like they will not cover this under warranty. I will never buy another car from Tri-Star and recommend you do not either unless you want crap service and be treated like an idiot.

mbworld.[org]/forums/c63-amg-w204/497125-panoramic-roof-glass-shattered.html
Old 09-14-2014, 07:56 PM

ML350 Blutec
ML350 Blutec

I bought a used ML from a different dealer down the road from them with only 35,000 miles. I brought the car to them to look at after i purchased and to see if they could provide service history, they noted that all the services were done but would not give me print out. Not long after that i noticed that I had a transmission issue, they jacked me around for 13000 miles. Long story short I contacted MB USA and raised all heck, it was fixed just before the standard warranty ended. They have since moved down into the city, I do not feel confident in using them due to the service I have recived. Sad because my wife loves the ride and so do I, im sure we will look at another MB in the future but not sure who you can trust in STL on dealers.