Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

AVOID bestdealsonwhls.com

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi A3
AVOID bestdealsonwhls.com

I was told I was purchasing OEM AMG take-offs from a 2011 Mercedes Benz. I asked numerous times if they were authentic as I had no interest in replicas. I was reassured numerous times on the phone and in email that they were and they had come directly from a local Mercedes dealer.

I called in the order and due to being in Canada, I was told his machine would not allow him to enter our postal code (zip code only) which was required. He could not complete the transaction. He instructed us to wire transfer the money to him. BIG MISTAKE. The items were called in and shipped in a few days. When they finally arrived I found the tires were a different size than promised, the AMG wheels were in fact replicas with "AME" stamped on the face and the country of manufacture had been ground off the rear which I'm sure would read "Made in China" rather than Germany.

Upon calling all he could say is I can't explain any of that but if you send me photos I will look into it.

Now he graciously offered to refund the money minus shipping both ways as well as all of the duty and brokerage paid.

I responded telling him that as he was the dishonest one, I believed he should compensate me for the entire total and now he is unresponsive to email.

AVOID dealing with this guy. After my ordeal I looked into it further and have found numerous complaints in regards to the same sort of thing. Selling used or refinished wheels as new... slightly used but perfect condition wheels arrive curbed or bent... he is as dishonest as it gets.

His name is Al Salerno and his company which is in New Jersey is called bestdealsonwhls.com

I know I made a mistake, I'm not here to discuss that, just help protect others from making the same mistake.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/Search/b...nwhls_com.aspx
Old 10-07-2011, 02:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63
Thanks for the heads up, make sure you send him the link to this thread.