Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Command + Navigation Blown through jump start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Mercedes-Benz ML 320 Bluetec
Battery drain & jump start caused Command problems

Hello MB owners, I have a 2009 ML320 that had a dead battery so my husband gave me a jump start with his MB and afterwards the Command System will not work. It turns on but radio, bluetooth and other media will not work. Message on the System centre is "device unavailable". Did a "reset" but all that did was erase the data. I can load and play a CD by holding in the "load" button but Command will not pair my cell phone, play my ipod or the radio. After reading other forums I see that jump starting in not a recommended thing to do, but unfortunately it's too late now.

Can anyone tell me what needs to be done? I have a booking with MB to fix the problem but have to wait for more than a week. I don't think it's a fuse otherwise the Command would be dead (right?). Would loading the Command software solve the problem or is it worse than I think it is? Any insight or experience with this problem would be appreciate.

Jennifer L

Last edited by Lockyerje; 10-01-2014 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Attract responses