Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

New Battery Registration

Old 03-26-2015, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
New Battery Registration

I’m new to this page, so please forgive me if this has been covered in a different section.

I have a 2003 E320, and just replaced the Mercedes battery located in the trunk. I bought the battery from Batteries Plus for less than it would’ve been from the dealer. While in the store, the guy behind the counter suggested that I should have the battery registered at a Mercedes service center to make sure the computer is working properly after installation. He said that if it wasn’t registered, the battery could drain because of improper power drawing from different sources, ie heat, radio, sun-roof etc. He also said that because my car was a 2003, it may not need it, it could just be for the newer cars. Question: has anyone heard of “New Battery Registration”, and is it really necessary? I’ve searched the internet and some suggest driving the car for about an hour and the computer will automatically reset. Can anyone help with this matter? Thank you!
Old 03-28-2015, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Battery 'registration' is an issue with BMWs but I've never heard of it being done for MB.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
Originally Posted by mleskovar
Battery 'registration' is an issue with BMWs but I've never heard of it being done for MB.
Thanks a lot!