Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

SOFTELECTRONIC Bulgaria and USA, warning to avoid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 02:17 PM

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
merdeces s320
SOFTELECTRONIC Bulgaria and USA, warning to avoid

I am having a complete nightmare with this company.

I have a 2011 w221 Wercedes that has error on conductor plate in the transmission. I read on some forums that they are based in Bulgaria but have a USA office so I contacted the USA branch and was told $370 plus shipping 7 days turnaround and all would be fixed.
So I packed up my unit sent it off to Atlanta to their Representative Georgi Pantaleev and waiting.
My poor car is stuck in the air waiting for this crucial part, and the wait went on, over 2 weeks passed and Mr Pantaleev does not even respond top email.
Figuring all units are sent to Bulgaria for repair anyway, I hoped they would be able to solve it.
I emailed Bulgaria and received the below response from Ivan Paykov the CEO of Softelectronic

Hello Terry,

There are hundreds from these units in our repair workshop. I assure you that all units sent from the USA are treated in a timely manner. Please do not worry. You will receive your unit, I will speak with our representative again.

Thank you

All the Best

Ivan Paykov
CEO | M: +359 885 609 205 | E: support@softelectronic.com |S: spid_m

Well I was not convinced, he was promising I would receive in a timely manner but it was already way overdue, he also promised in another email to have Mr Pantaleev contact me.
So I mailed him back and told him it was not acceptable and that I really needed my unit returned even if not fixed. My problem here is that the software is locked ot the VIN, I can easily get a new unit but if I get my unit back I can have the software transferred from it to my new one, if not then I have a costly trip to the stealership to fix which will involve towing my car there and have them reprogram the virgin unit.
The CEO responded with even more worrying news below that he also cannot get in contact with Georgi Pantaleev.
Hello Terry,

Really this situation is more than upsetting. I cannot get in contact with George either.

The moment I have information from him I will send you a message....

Thank you

All the Best

Ivan Paykov
CEO | M: +359 885 609 205 | E: support@softelectronic.com |S: spid_m

What kind of company cannot get in contact with the staff that runs another branch. If they really are huge as they state, this must be a huge nightmare for them, plus why do they not simply locate my unit and send it to me directly instead of giving me the brush off.

I will post the eventual outcome on here, but in the meantime, I’d strongly advise members to avoid this company. It’s a huge pain losing a component that Mercedes will not even sell direct to end users now, I have to get it via other channels.
Hope this saves someone else the huge headache I’m having, am still driving my rental car with no end in sight.

Terry
Old 09-08-2015, 07:01 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2003 S500 4Matic (SOLD) + 2004 S55 (SOLD) 2005 CLK 500 Cabriolet 2008 S 450
I saw those guys when I was having trouble with my 722.9 and was sorely tempted. Instead my Indie talked me into dealer product and after a pile of trouble we finally got the trans working, not perfectly, but working. After your tale I'm glad I didn't go the Bulgaria route. Hope it works out for you.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:41 AM

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
merdeces s320
UPDATE:

Well I waited patiently for a month, then (after weeks with no response from Ivan in Bulgaria or George in USA) ran out of patience and went elsewhere to get it repaired.

Found a decent company in Ft Lauderdale "Autobahn Performance) that can get these units for a good price, they quoted me $902 to repair.

So I bit the bullet and had the car towed to them

On the plus side, repair went well, car working fine now.

On the minus side, repair bill was hiked to $1140

So Softelectronic still have my original unit, I email Ivan and asked if they would do the right thing and pay for my repair as they had prevented me getting my unit fixed anywhere by holding onto it. I also asked if they would at least pay for the unit for the same reason, no response.

I know others have had success with Softelectronic, that's why I trusted them with my unit. But my experience was a nightmare, promised 7 say turnaround and $370 repair. Now 5 weeks later I have no unit back from them, no communication and had to go elsewhere to solve.

Doubt they will make it right, but will let you all know if they do.

Terry