Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Ventilated Seats?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 04:32 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Too many to count
Ventilated Seats?

Hello,

I am trying to complete an order with a dealer and am not sure whether or not to go for the ventilated seats. I get a sweaty back a lot and I hate it when my shirt sticks to my back on longer drives.

The only experience I have with cooled seats is in a Lexus, but they just kind of blow the cool air on your back whereas I understand Mercedes "vaccums" the air off your back. The Lexus cooled seats worked well at first, but after a while, they just kind of wore out and now you cannot even tell they are on.

Are the MB ventilated seats any good? Does anyone own a Benz that has this feature that can speak from experience? You kind of have to have it a while to really know.

Thanks.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:01 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2003 S500 4Matic (SOLD) + 2004 S55 (SOLD) 2005 CLK 500 Cabriolet 2008 S 450
I have them on my '08 S class and also had them on my last CLK cab. They work, have for 8 years or so, on the S and longer on the CLK. They do cool you off with the wind blowing on you. I don't know about this vacuum idea and I doubt that it's a feature but probably from someone that isn't speaking from experience. I was told more than once that they were air conditioned seats. I assumed somehow connected to the A/C system. While they are air conditioned ( cooled by ambient air in the car) they are not connected to the A/C system.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 w211 E320 4matic
Ventilated but defiantly not cooling, they are meant to stop humidity from building up on the newer models now, I have often put the hot seat on in the winter as well as the ventilated seat to heat my back up (great if you have a bad back) without sweating into the seat. But I have had a few customers stumble on this thinking they should be cold (Porsche and Lexus owners usually) personally I find the blue lights are throwing people off. I haven't heard the term vacuuming used but simply they are fans to stop humidity building up.