Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Please help for suggestions!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c class sportcoupe 2001
Please help for suggestions!

So i bought a mb c class sportcoupe cl203 from 2001 last month.

Anyway from zero faults, now i suddenly have a lot.

The errors i get are:

- Check coolant level (its full)
- esp visit workshop
- check reverse lights (it does work)
- check fog lights (it does work)
- lights sensor
- check washer fluid (its full)

There is more but i need write them down cause its to much to remember.

So is there something wrong with the computer of the car?

What could explain a car having this much errors?

I am really starting to think the previous owner deleted the faults, but does it take weeks for them to come back?
Old 10-09-2015, 04:10 PM

2004 w211 E320 4matic
I believe you can temporarily (a few hours of driving) clear some of those codes by disconnecting the battery for a bit, not sure tho on all of those codes, it is not hard to clear codes on those cars just from the instrument cluster operated from the steering wheel) service codes can be cleared form there and would not show until the next service due (10k miles or 365 days whichever comes first) I would start looking for signs of water damage, might have been flooded? Some Sandy damaged cars moved across a few states to clean a flood/salvage title, maybe look into the cars history, best of luck
Old 10-09-2015, 06:52 PM

c class sportcoupe 2001
Originally Posted by mcorssen
I believe you can temporarily (a few hours of driving) clear some of those codes by disconnecting the battery for a bit, not sure tho on all of those codes, it is not hard to clear codes on those cars just from the instrument cluster operated from the steering wheel) service codes can be cleared form there and would not show until the next service due (10k miles or 365 days whichever comes first) I would start looking for signs of water damage, might have been flooded? Some Sandy damaged cars moved across a few states to clean a flood/salvage title, maybe look into the cars history, best of luck
Hi thanks for yr awnser!

So i will do what you said and check out if it had water damage. There is nothing bad in the cars history as far as i know but that doesnt mean anything.

But could you tell me how to check a far for water damage?
Old 10-09-2015, 11:59 PM

2004 w211 E320 4matic
I would start just by checking the carpeting, there is often a ring left from water levels. Take the foot carpet out and see if there is a damp smell coming from the floor after the car has been kept in a dry area for some time. It may sound obvious but take the spare tire all the way out and check for signs such as mud below it or puddling. If you can pull back doe of the main carpeting without damaging your car look for discoloration on the backing of it (check foot wells first) but this can lead to ripping up some carpet you might not want to, use as a last resort
Old 10-10-2015, 04:10 AM

c class sportcoupe 2001
Thats what i needed to know, thanks! Means a lot. Take care.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 212 Likes on 194 Posts
2013 glk 350
I hope you got a warranty, I decided early on there is to much risk buying used without warranty. You don't know what you getting , and anything can cost a lot to fix.