Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Switch the drive setting while driving???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 10:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Ordered AMG GLE 63 S Coupe
Switch the drive setting while driving???

Just picked up my GLE 63 s coupe last week. I read in the manual not to switch from one drive setting to another (C, S, S+) while driving. When I test drove a GLE at a dealership and I was switching between the drive settings, the sales guy never mentioned anything. Also, why would Mercedes leave the drive setting knob switchable while driving if they didn't want you to switch it? It just seems like a pain in the *** if you are driving in comfort and want to pass someone quickly and can't switch it to sport+ with driving. Can someone please clarify this? Thanks.
Old 11-24-2016, 04:04 PM

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
2021 E450, 2020 C43, 2015 C300, 2007 C280
Don't worry about it. I do it all the time on my 2015 C300W4. The warning in my onboard owners manual hints that it is the possible change in driving characteristics that could be a problem, not any damage to the machinery. Perhaps in a hugely powerful AMG model. the change in driving characteristics from Comfort to Sport under full power could be a problem (or even an unexpected downshift on icy pavement). It certainly isn't in my C300.