Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Sell or don't sell? Opinions please.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63 AMG, Ferrari F430 F1 Spider
Question Sell or don't sell? Opinions please.

I have an ML63 AMG first registered in November 2014. It's black with the performance pack and has just about every extra that can fitted to the car. The condition is 'as new'. No chips, scratches or marks of any kind with perfect wheels and under 14,000 miles (basically it's a weekend toy). Last serviced by MB in December 2016 and full MB warranty until late November 2017.

I want the all new AMG 4x4 (600+bhp) that will be launched very late 2017/early 2018. The MB main agent I bought it from says that the ML's are much easier to sell in the winter.

So, my dilemma is, do I sell it now while it still has 10 months of warranty left on it or, do I keep hold of it for another 12 months and risk the drop in resale because a) The new 4x4 is launched and b) the car will no longer have a MB warranty?

Does anyone have any experience of selling an AMG out of warranty and wished that they have sold it earlier? Or, does it not really make that much difference whether it has the original warranty or not?

All opinions welcome!
Old 02-06-2017, 12:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
All you do by waiting is loose value regardless of a warrantee or driven by a school teacher and based upon the tone of your post I think you believe that you will get list plus for your car---well Biff good luck!!

Dealers love you guys that buy a car every year or two and can't write off the loss.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63 AMG, Ferrari F430 F1 Spider
Wow, someone is touchy lol.

Originally Posted by Plutoe
All you do by waiting is loose value regardless of a warrantee or driven by a school teacher and based upon the tone of your post I think you believe that you will get list plus for your car---well Biff good luck!!

Dealers love you guys that buy a car every year or two and can't write off the loss.
Wow, You can tell ALL of THAT from my post? I am impressed.