Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Park Assist Scratched Wheel

Old 02-09-2017, 06:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA 250 SPORT SHOOTING SHOOTING BRAKE 4MATIC
Exclamation Park Assist Scratched Wheel

Hi guys,

I just picked up my new CLA 250 Sport from the dealer yesterday and something unfortunate happened.

Whilst attempting a parallel park with park assist the car hit the curb and scratched the rear back alloy rim

I am not sure whats going to happen now so I have few questions I'm hoping that someone could help.

1. Clearly parktronic failed, hence the damage - will this be covered by warranty?
2. Does the car have an onboard computer that will be able to prove that it was parktronic's fault?
3. What happens if they test it and it works and simply say that it was my fault?

In the meantime I am not going to trust or attempt active park assist. Its a real shame as the feature cost a lot of money and I would love to use it if I could!

Thanks for all your help.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 232 Likes on 188 Posts
Shanks’s Pony
Personally, I think you might struggle to get MB to fix that unless the PA failed. There are loads of warnings about low kerbs, obstacles etc etc in the manual.

You dealer may want to help.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 C63 AMG Sedan, 2015 GLK350
Hey man completely sorry to hear about you problem! I picked up my vehicle and I haven't even tried the park assist yet because I am afraid of this, just been sticking to manual way with the passenger mirror that angles down. All I can say is hopefully they can polish (cheap or free) that out for you and you move forward from there. I can only just imagine how you gut must feel because this is all anyone worrys about when they get a new car is the first ding.

Keep you head up,

-Patel
Old 02-10-2017, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA 250 SPORT SHOOTING SHOOTING BRAKE 4MATIC
thanks for advice guys!

It sucks bad! I will update this thread after my scheduled service in a coupe of weeks.

But for now, does anyone know if on-board computer keeps logs of such events? If so what data do they keep?

I've just gotta be able to prove that park assist was at fault.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 232 Likes on 188 Posts
Shanks’s Pony
Agree it does suck but look at it another way. It is an easy fix or replacement.