Floor mats & Cargo area liners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Floor mats & Cargo area liners

Here are some pics to help people decide on floor mats. Please note I am not making any recommendations for any particular type of mats. I am just showing what I have and it works for me. Hopefully, this will help others protect their beautiful cars too.

I ordered everything from Autosports catalog and they are most excellent. Their customer service makes me wish that they had an MB Service dept Seriously, they are just amazing and it is very refreshing to find a place like that these days. Plus everything is custom made to fit the GL.

Car is dirty but I can live with it.

I have 2 Berber mats for my fronts (pic 1 and 2 below). They quality is same as the original mats but no grommets unless you ask for them. I am sending mine back for grommets. No charge for grommets and they even sent me a shipping label so I can send the mats without any cost. Notice how the driver side mat has a flap that covers the "dead pedal" area. Factory supplied mats did not cover this. Also the passenger side front mat is longer than then factory supplied mats.

The 3rd picture shows the 2nd row mat which is made in a "runner" fashion so it covers the hump in the middle. The fit is just perfect. In the 2nd row there is a slight bump on the passenger side right next to the hump. This mat has just enough room to accomodate that. You can get 2 piece mats from 2nd row just like factory supplied.

The 4th picture shows the "tongue" of the 3rd row mat which covers the entry area. This mat gave me the most trouble when I was trying to figure out what goes where. But once I got that figured out, I was amazed at the thoughtfulness. Again this is also a runner style mat as you can see in the 5th picture.
Attached Thumbnails Floor mats & Cargo area liners-img_0408.jpg   Floor mats & Cargo area liners-img_0415.jpg   Floor mats & Cargo area liners-img_0409.jpg   Floor mats & Cargo area liners-img_0410.jpg   Floor mats & Cargo area liners-img_0411.jpg  

Last edited by oknish; 02-27-2007 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Changed title
Old 02-27-2007, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Cargo area liner

I ordered my Cargo area liner from Autpsorts catalog as well. This liner is made by Weathertech and is custom fitted for GL. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I am very satisfied with the liner as well. It is made in 2 parts. Pic 1 below shows the small part which covers the cargo area when 3rd row seats are up. Pic 2 shows both parts, including the larger part, when 3rd row is down. This liner is made of a rubber like material that is soft to touch but feels sturdy.
Attached Thumbnails Floor mats & Cargo area liners-img_0413.jpg   Floor mats & Cargo area liners-img_0414.jpg  
Old 02-27-2007, 04:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'13 ML350 Bluetec for work, E550 for pleasure, & ML350 for my wife
Thanks for the pics. Coincidently, I just ordered from Autosports about an hour ago. I ordered both the Weathertech Cargo liner, and the Hexomat one piece cargo liner (3rd row down version). It looked to me like there is not a very good seal between the 2 halves of the Weathetech setup. I wish Weathertech offered a 1 piece unit for 3rd row down, but since they don't I got both brands & will see which I like better.

I can't make up my mind on which front mats to get. I drag a fair amount of dirt, mud, etc into the front. I'd like a nice rubber liner type mat, but need it to cover the left "dead pedal" area, as that seems to be where the most dirt collects. Seeing pictures of the MB all weather mats, they look to be split in this area, which would let all that dirt get below the mat. I always used Husky Liners in my previous trucks, but Husky doesn't seem to have a model for the GL's.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Originally Posted by Stoneseller
Thanks for the pics. Coincidently, I just ordered from Autosports about an hour ago. I ordered both the Weathertech Cargo liner, and the Hexomat one piece cargo liner (3rd row down version). It looked to me like there is not a very good seal between the 2 halves of the Weathetech setup. I wish Weathertech offered a 1 piece unit for 3rd row down, but since they don't I got both brands & will see which I like better.

I can't make up my mind on which front mats to get. I drag a fair amount of dirt, mud, etc into the front. I'd like a nice rubber liner type mat, but need it to cover the left "dead pedal" area, as that seems to be where the most dirt collects. Seeing pictures of the MB all weather mats, they look to be split in this area, which would let all that dirt get below the mat. I always used Husky Liners in my previous trucks, but Husky doesn't seem to have a model for the GL's.
You are right that there is no good seal between the 2 halves of the Weathertech liner. They simply overlap by quarter of an inch. That is not a big deal for me since I only put luggage etc. (non spillable items). Plus the weather tech allows me to open my third seats while providing protection for the cargo area. To each his own

For your front, I think you would want liners and not mats. Check these out http://mb.parkplacestores.com/mb164glalfll.html
Old 02-27-2007, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3/30/07: B/B GL450 01 319 323 324 334 396 550
Those custom fit Huskys look just like what I have in front and in rear of 99 explorer and they have been fantastic for wet season - in fact I have them in year around.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by oknish
For your front, I think you would want liners and not mats. Check these out http://mb.parkplacestores.com/mb164glalfll.html
Thanks for the link. Those look perfect
Old 03-27-2007, 01:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Update on Autosportscatalog front row mats. I sent mine back to get grommets put in and when I got them back realized that the grommets are too big for the factory installed "pins". So, it's back to square one with a slipping and sliding mad and I am on the quest again to find the "perfect" mats for front.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:43 AM

Thanks for the update oknish, I was on the verge of ordering the Autosports mats with grommets!
Old 03-27-2007, 09:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Update on Autosportscatalog front row mats. I sent mine back to get grommets put in and when I got them back realized that the grommets are too big for the factory installed "pins". So, it's back to square one with a slipping and sliding mad and I am on the quest again to find the "perfect" mats for front.
I requested some Berber color samples from AutoSports and on the shipping document it indicated "This manfacturer does not have grommets that work with the MB, so they would be custom fit but without factory fasteners." I also think that the Berber Mats from Mat Depot come from the same maker.

You indicated they slip and slide...and they do this even with the small hard rubber **** on the backside?
Old 03-27-2007, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
I requested some Berber color samples from AutoSports and on the shipping document it indicated "This manfacturer does not have grommets that work with the MB, so they would be custom fit but without factory fasteners." I also think that the Berber Mats from Mat Depot come from the same maker.

You indicated they slip and slide...and they do this even with the small hard rubber **** on the backside?
I never ordered the samples so I did not discover this in advance. And, to Autosport's credit, when I told them of my issue they were very prompt in sending me new mats sans grommets.

And, yes, the mats do slip and slide even with the small hard rubber nibs on the back.

But the good news is that MB sells those mat fasteners for $6/set. So I will get the new mats, drill holes in them and will just insert the fasteners. Will post pics when done.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I never ordered the samples so I did not discover this in advance. And, to Autosport's credit, when I told them of my issue they were very prompt in sending me new mats sans grommets.

And, yes, the mats do slip and slide even with the small hard rubber nibs on the back.

But the good news is that MB sells those mat fasteners for $6/set. So I will get the new mats, drill holes in them and will just insert the fasteners. Will post pics when done.
Thanks for the update on the fasteners...would like to see pics and whether they work well. Part # for the fasteners also.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Fastener part # is Q-6-68-0520. Pics to come when I get the mats back. I did try the fastener on the pillar in the carpet and it fit just like the factory installed fastener on the mats. So I am very hopeful. Now just need to figure out a way to get the hole made in the mats. It needs to be about 10/12 of inch wide hole.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Fastener part # is Q-6-68-0520. Pics to come when I get the mats back. I did try the fastener on the pillar in the carpet and it fit just like the factory installed fastener on the mats. So I am very hopeful. Now just need to figure out a way to get the hole made in the mats. It needs to be about 10/12 of inch wide hole.
Thanks. Be anxious to see pics and find out how you made the hole to mount the fasteners.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:54 AM

GL450 (Alabaster White/Black Interior)
For what its worth, you guys might really want to consider the all season mats (not liners) from MB. They fit perfectly in all three rows, have the grommets that everyone is talking about, don't slide at al, look pretty nice, and are not that expensive (I think it cost me about $120 for all three rows). The best thing is I don't have to worry about getting anything on them. Just my thoughts.........
Old 04-02-2007, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Originally Posted by BeanCounter
you guys might really want to consider the all season mats (not liners) from MB.
I did look at those mats but being in SoCal, where you don't go so much "weather", decided to go with the Carpet mats.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I did look at those mats but being in SoCal, where you don't go so much "weather", decided to go with the Carpet mats.
Agreed oknish. As BeanCounter knows, the only weather here is sunny and warm...:-)
Old 04-02-2007, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
the only weather here is sunny and warm...:-)
How did you guys get rid of hot?

Old 04-02-2007, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

How did you guys get rid of hot?

LOL....it's never really hot here, just a little warmer than some other places...:-)
Old 04-05-2007, 11:51 PM

2014 GL 450
OK, help the newbie...how can I order from Autosports? I've got 2 Labs to haul around, one of whom gets car sick just looking at a car, so I need the rear cargo liner.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Go to http://www.autosportscatalog.com, click on floor mats and cargo liners in the "Search by Category" column on left. Then click on Cargo Liner and go through the various offerings. It is recommended that you get a liner which shows custom fit since those are made to GL specs.

The one I have is Weathertech and comes in 2 pieces. Other choices include a one piece liner as well.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:27 AM

Ditto on oknish's recommendation for shopping Autosport. They seem to have the best choices, and decent pricing.

I bought the Hexomat "one piece large, third row seat down", model 33358

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/inde...pid=3023&cid=5

which gives good side to side & front to back coverage.

On top of that I put the Weathertech 2 peice set. The Weathertech set has side lips about 1 1/2" tall to contain spills. The drawback of the Weathertechs is the raised seam between the 2 pieces.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:21 AM

2014 GL 450
Thanks so much! I'm off to do some shopping. I was concerned about the split pieces of the Weathertech, because one of my dogs gets carsick just about every time he gets into the car. But with the liner below it, that should do the trick.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Newbie_2_MB
I was concerned about the split pieces of the Weathertech, because one of my dogs gets carsick just about every time he gets into the car.
LOL, believe me, I know how that can be. One of my dogs has a habit of drinking a shipload of water when she gets excited or agitated. Needless to say, the frequent result is a puddle of slimey stuff.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:23 PM

1997 E320 Sedan
Originally Posted by Stoneseller
Ditto on oknish's recommendation for shopping Autosport. They seem to have the best choices, and decent pricing.

I bought the Hexomat "one piece large, third row seat down", model 33358

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/inde...pid=3023&cid=5

which gives good side to side & front to back coverage.

On top of that I put the Weathertech 2 peice set. The Weathertech set has side lips about 1 1/2" tall to contain spills. The drawback of the Weathertechs is the raised seam between the 2 pieces.
Stoneseller can you post a photo of the Hexomat for me please?
Old 04-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Almost a Member!

GL450
I want a pic of the hexomat 2. I ordered the all-weather for 1st&2nd,all-season for 3rd from Park Place. Also got the husky liner for the 2nd coming. The guy tells me it's a 2 piece over the hump that fits the ML350 and 500 as well. I'm wondering if you can velcro the top of the weathertech on the 3rd row back. I saw some floor mats while in the accessory store that are just plain awesome. They're called Catch-All. Plush carpeting on top and soft rubber-like foam on bottom. But, I was disappointed to learn this company makes nothing for Mercedes. Don't know how to post link but website is niftyproducts.com. Need to get this company to start mats for GL.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Floor mats & Cargo area liners