Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz SUVs, Trucks, Vans, Diesels, Other > GL Class (X164)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

GL Class (X164) 2007-Present: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011, 12:07 AM   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8
Drives: 07 GL 450 P2
Chrome/stainless rear bumper step pad/load sill

Hi there, just picked up an 07 GL450 and want to put on the chrome/stainless step pad that goes on top of the bumper. I've seen this thread topic on here before but some of the info is hard to decrypt. First is it called a load sill protector or step pad? second does anyone have a part number? I've been to some of hte websites recommended for buying them but none have pictures so how do you know what your getting? I found step pad for $35 but some of the other threads are saying $200+ so just wondering if anyone has a clear decisive look at this.

Thanks!
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

afmercguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8
Drives: 07 GL 450 P2
man....no one out there done this??
afmercguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:48 PM   #3
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In my garage
Posts: 3,126
Drives: E55, Renntech CL600(sold), GL450
Lots have done the mod. Do a search and you will find what you need.
BlownV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:56 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Reno
Posts: 16
Drives: '07 ML350, '10 GL450
Quote:
Originally Posted by afmercguy View Post
Hi there, just picked up an 07 GL450 and want to put on the chrome/stainless step pad that goes on top of the bumper. I've seen this thread topic on here before but some of the info is hard to decrypt. First is it called a load sill protector or step pad? second does anyone have a part number? I've been to some of hte websites recommended for buying them but none have pictures so how do you know what your getting? I found step pad for $35 but some of the other threads are saying $200+ so just wondering if anyone has a clear decisive look at this.

Thanks!
I paid $230 at the local dealer for a 2010 GL450 chrome step pad expecting to install it on my ML350 using mounting tape. I removed the tabs on the underside of the step pad in preparation to mount it, but found to my dismay that the GL bumper radius curvature is less than that of the ML; it won't fit.
The step pad including a roll of heavy duty weather resistant mounting tape are yours for $150. Pry off your present pad, use the mounting tape to mount this new one in its place.

Last edited by Keyser Soze; 05-15-2011 at 12:07 AM.
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:48 AM   #5
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4
Drives: 07 GL450, 01 E320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
I paid $230 at the local dealer for a 2010 GL450 chrome step pad expecting to install it on my ML350 using mounting tape. I removed the tabs on the underside of the step pad in preparation to mount it, but found to my dismay that the GL bumper radius curvature is less than that of the ML; it won't fit.
The step pad including a roll of heavy duty weather resistant mounting tape are yours for $150. Pry off your present pad, use the mounting tape to mount this new one in its place.
I'll buy it from you. Would paypal be okay with you?
JRBenning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:06 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 61
Drives: GLK350, GL320CDI
I had it done on our GL 2008 both front and back chrome.
It is called engine cover and bumber cover.
It was standard part of OFF road package but you can get it separate.
Had it installed by MB dealer.
It lasted long and looked like new after 3 harsh winter.
__________________
GLK 350 Bi-xenon Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon, Technology Package,Trailer Hitch, Alpaca Grey Leather, Tenorite Grey, 115 V socket, Rear View Camera,

GL 320 CDI 2008 GONE 100000 kms

Sanidine Beige, Cashmere beige leather sets, RSE, Premium Package, BI Xenon Package, Rear Climate Package, Distronic, Running board, Keyless Go

B200 Turbo 2009 GONE 65000 kms
B200 Turbo 2006 GONE 15000 kms
B200Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:21 AM   #7
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1
Drives: GL450
Quote:
Originally Posted by B200Turbo View Post
I had it done on our GL 2008 both front and back chrome.
It is called engine cover and bumber cover.
It was standard part of OFF road package but you can get it separate.
Had it installed by MB dealer.
It lasted long and looked like new after 3 harsh winter.
how much did mb dealer charge you for parts and installtion?
818801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:21 AM
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
450, bumber, bumper, chrome, cover, gl, gl450, load, mercedes, number, pad, part, protector, rear, sill, step



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:48 AM.


Copyright 2001-2012 InternetBrands, Inc. / MBWorld.org. All Rights Reserved.
Everyone's Personal Details

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2