My (LONG) first impression of the 2011 GL450

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 01:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'11 GL450, '11 ML350
Originally Posted by GL4504ME
[COLOR=black][FONT=&quot]
Questions: 1. What are the two speaker looking grills over the third row seat? They don't produce sound.
Originally Posted by blee911
I was told the third row speakers are there for the Harmon Kardon stereo package.

By the way, I couldn't stand the stock stereo system after several weeks so I changed out all the speakers and it sounds much better now... but bass is still too loose depending on the music. I've listened to the HK system and didn't think it sounded all that great.
Sorry to bump this old thread, but I recently purchased a 2011 GL450, and I've been trying to figure out a few things in the third row (searched, but haven't found answers elsewhere).

1. I haven't looked behind the 3rd row speaker covers, but I assume they're empty, since I don't have the HK upgrade. What would it take to get sound back there? Just add speakers? Or additional hardware / amplification to support their addition?

2. My car doesn't have the air vents shown in the owner's manual (see screen shot), which I assume is because we don't have the rear climate control in the 2nd row. There are air vents directly underneath the 3rd row window, but they are pushing minimal air. Does anyone else have these same air vents? And if so, do they push the same amount of air as the 1st and 2nd row air vents? Maybe I'm missing a setting here, but it's not nearly as comfortable to sit in the 3rd row without sufficient air circulation (glad I'm the driver!).

Any insight to this two items is greatly appreciated! And if this has been covered elsewhere, please provide the link, so I don't duplicate the threads.