GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Christmas Bonus - GL Bumper Cover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GL 350 Bluetec
Angry Christmas Bonus - GL Bumper Cover

While going to the post office to mail some christmas cards, I had the unfortunate experience of having a teenager back into and hit my GL. I was stopped and she just kept backing out. No where to go and I just felt helpless as I laid on the horn. Really, what are these people doing behind the wheel? She jumped out and in her best southern California verbiage said, "Geez I am soooo sorry about that!!! Please let's not go through the insurance company as this is my third time!"

Meanwhile, I am thinking (really, this is what I was thinking) what the hell, you stupid b@#ch. Pay the f@&k attention when you are behind the wheel. I managed to keep my cool and act mature while we traded the pertinent information while avoiding the small talk.
It was a very low speed impact, no lights or parking sensors damaged. Anyway, after contacting the insurance companies (mine is USAA, hers is Statefarm) I will be getting a new front bumper cover for the GL because one of the plastic tabs that holds the lower apron on is broken . It will cost $1700-$1900 depending on what the adjuster and body shop work out. It will be fixed properly by a certified M-B shop, no fly-by-night shop work for me. So for future reference watch out for teenage female drivers that have more important things to do than pay attention to backing up. Oh and by the way, Merry Christmas everyone.
Attached Thumbnails Christmas Bonus - GL Bumper Cover-2010-gl-bumper-cover.jpg  
Old 12-11-2011, 07:02 PM

2005 E320 CDI, 2007 GL 450
I have a couple of OC scrapes due to idiots and one door ding that I have to get taken care of. People just don't care about others things.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:22 PM

03 Nissan Altima 2.5S, 07 MB GL450
Originally Posted by mp0i
this is my third time!"
Stupid *****. I hate drivers like these. Especially women drivers. Sorry to say it like that but it's mostly true especially when my friend got hit and run on his car by another college girl.