GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Engine Oil Leaks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 10:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 Mercedes S550, 2015 Mercedes GL350
Engine Oil Leaks

I've started getting an oil leak at the tube that comes from the right side CCV tube where it goes into the TEE right before the Turbo on a GL320. Seems very loose at this connection and am unable to get tight. Also the oil cooler line that goes from the engine to the oil cooler in the rad. Any comments on these leaks and what was replace to correct. I'm still under full warranty so I want to get done soon.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GL 350 Bluetec
I had a similar minor leak near the turbo on my 2010 GL Bluetec. Dealer took care of it. Supposedly a new hose or oil line was installed.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 Mercedes S550, 2015 Mercedes GL350
Just go the GL back. Here are some of the leaks that were found and repaired that others may want ot watch out for before warranty expires. In addition to the CCV tube that was replaced, some of the oil cooler lines going to the rad were replaced. The steering rack was leaking at the steering column input shaft. There is appearenty an oil cooling underneath the intake manifold that was leaking out the back of the engine. They apparently notice this while in the shop, probably while on the hoist looking at the transmission leak (pan gasket). Glad to have the leaks fixed but somewhat dissappointed so many existed. Never has a vehicle with so many fluid leaks before.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML350 Blutec diesel
2012 ML350 Blutec Oil leak

My vehicle has 72000 Kms and before I hit 80000 Kms I am going to buy the extended warranty. I had an oil leak around 40000 Kms which was repaired under warranty I think it was an oil cooler seal. Now it's leaking oil again so I have scheduled it for service. In reading the discussions it appears that there are several locations for potential leak. Can someone give me a complete punchlist to address before the warranty expires ... I would like to challenge the service manager as this second oil leak is unacceptable ... There should be a protocol from Mercedes to fix "ALL" known back seals / leak points once and not have vehicle owners come back again and again. I love this vehicle and don't feel for this amount of money that there should be zero oil leaks over the vehicle life span. Thank you very much.