GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Car Seat Set-Up in GL450

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320
Car Seat Set-Up in GL450

Looking to buy a GL450 for expanding family. 4 and 2 year old currently and expecting twins later this year. Would like to put the 4 and 2 year-old kids in 3rd row seats and put twins in 2nd row seat. However, would like to place the 2 seats in 2nd row next to each other so older ones can get to back easily.

Considering getting Radian 120 seats, however does anyone know if these will fit side by side (one in the middle) and still allow for the other seat to fold down? Thanks!
Old 04-11-2012, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Originally Posted by Motion785
Looking to buy a GL450 for expanding family. 4 and 2 year old currently and expecting twins later this year. Would like to put the 4 and 2 year-old kids in 3rd row seats and put twins in 2nd row seat. However, would like to place the 2 seats in 2nd row next to each other so older ones can get to back easily.

Considering getting Radian 120 seats, however does anyone know if these will fit side by side (one in the middle) and still allow for the other seat to fold down? Thanks!
I have two radian-80 on the second row (one in middle, on behind driver), and still be able to flip the second row (pas side) to access the third row
Old 04-12-2012, 06:42 AM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 Volvo XC90 Magic/Amber, '95 E320 Cabriolet Midnight,'14 GL350 Lunar/Almond was '07 GL320CDI
Biggest complaint about the car!

This is my chief complaint. As the owner of the GL, and the owner of a 9, 10 and 2 year old (and perhaps another sooner or later) I think MB should be paying more attention to accessibility of the third row with the seats in.

As it is, I have to put my 2 year old behind the drivers seat just so the older kids can access the third row. Which means he in turn can kick the RSE when he has a tantrum. When we have another child we'll really be screwed bc I have all Britax products, safe but large, and there will be no access to the third row. Putting two of the younger kids together in row two for access to row three would seem to invite mutiny.

Easy solution is to at least offer captains chairs (had HIGH hopes with the new model and the cancellation of the R)! Alternative is to study the new Infiniti fold forward seat which does so WITH a child seat in place.

Come on Mercedes, just bc I pay a ton for this machine doesn't mean my kids aren't going to ride in it!!
Old 04-12-2012, 04:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Totally agree. Recently rented a minivan during travel. I think wife was half serious about trading in for a minivan with captain chairs, automatic doors,

We have a radian 80 and marathon installed in second row. My oldest jumps over the middle to get to the third row. Works but not best with rain and mud..